Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Does anyone use the Palm Pre Plus when you going running? I am thinking about getting one and wanted to know if there was any gear made for running - arm bands, remote controls, etc? Thanks for any ideas!
    Not sure if there is anything out there yet but it'd be nice; I've just been carrying it while running lately. Not too big of a deal to me since I usually carry a bottle of water...too cold outside for that so I have a Pre in my hand instead .
    There are plenty of armbands that will fit the pre, so that's not an issue. I have not seen any controllers for it though, but if you get an armband with a clear cover you should be able to "next track" it with out too much trouble. There are also some cool GPS apps to log your running (distance/average speed....ect) like JogStats.

Apps:

http://www.myappbox.com/categories/H...%26%20Fitness/
    there is also a track advance with headset mic button hold patch. I forget the name just do a search in preware.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I use it while walking running all the time- check out Radiotime for Internet radio stations with GPS assist, DrPodder for podcasts, Pandora. I tried mine with an armband designed for iPhone, which I didn't care for- the touch screen seems to need a warm fingertip for best response. I just carry mine in my pocket or hand. I use a Plantronics 590a headset on cold days and Plantronics Backbeat 906 headset other days. With the 906, the bluetooth signal is sometimes interrupted with the phone in my pocket, but the 590s maintain a connection perfectly. Both support remote controls available in whatever app you are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    there is also a track advance with headset mic button hold patch. I forget the name just do a search in preware.
    default is double tap

music remix is single i believe

Also BT headset will offer more options
    The OEM headset will advance a track if you click the button. Click and hold to FF.
    I would love to see some arm bands made specifically for the pre ... the one I tried was made for an ipod, but the fit was not very good. Heres hoping that a company like Seido is reading and will come out with a sport band made for the pre and pixi.

It's not a problem when I'm cycling, cause I can just put it in my saddle bag, but I can't hold on to it while I'm running.

I'm using the Motorola s9 BT headphones and they rock ... able to control the music app and Pandora perfectly, as well as volume, and control incoming calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    The OEM headset will advance a track if you click the button. Click and hold to FF.
    Only the OEM headset? I lost mine and bought a better one but this ONE feature might make me buy those again.
    I work out with mine all the time, granted I bike and it works just fine. Why use an ipod when I can stream pandora.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    I work out with mine all the time, granted I bike and it works just fine. Why use an ipod when I can stream pandora.
    I am with you!! I am tired of downloading and syncing music. With Pandora or Slacker you just press play

Thanks for all of the great info. I just ordered my Palm Pre Plus. Should be here tomorrow. I am excited!!!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    it might not be the most comfy, but the oem belt clip can work, especially if you customize it a bit to better fit a plugged in earphones
    Quote Originally Posted by foush View Post
    I am with you!! I am tired of downloading and syncing music. With Pandora or Slacker you just press play

Thanks for all of the great info. I just ordered my Palm Pre Plus. Should be here tomorrow. I am excited!!!
    It truly is. I love being able to play any genre of music I want in a matter of seconds. The only issue is that my gym has terrible cell service in the basement so i have to shut off pandora when heading to change or go to my personal music library. But that's a small price to pay for streaming music while working out or on a drive.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    this might double post because I think I have a post pending due to not having 10 posts at the time, I was not allowed to post links.

But now there is no stopping me!!! Mwahahhaa..ahem.

So a quick google search came up with this. I don't run, but I kinda want this really badly anyway.

Palm Pre Neoprene Black Armband Carring Case
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I saw that one the other day too. I wonder if it is any good. Anyone purchase from "onlypre" before?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Oh...and I ran into that 10 post thing also. Not sure how I was able to get this post started as I tried to create another and it would not let me. Oh well....almost to 10!!!

Just got the Armband in the mail. Not quite as advertised unfortunately. The little pouch that allows you to access the screen isn't there. It's just a mesh pouch a velcro flap that blocks access to the headphone jack. Luckily I use bluetooth headphones, still seriously thinking of getting my money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    Only the OEM headset? I lost mine and bought a better one but this ONE feature might make me buy those again.
    There are some headsets out there that are made for the iPhone and iTouch that have buttons to click. I think those would work with the Pre, but I don't know for sure. I do know that the OEM ones work. You could probably get a store to give you a pair if you went in with a sob story.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post

Just got the Armband in the mail. Not quite as advertised unfortunately. The little pouch that allows you to access the screen isn't there. It's just a mesh pouch a velcro flap that blocks access to the headphone jack. Luckily I use bluetooth headphones, still seriously thinking of getting my money back.
    You might try this one:

Digital Lifestyle Outfitters DLO Action Jacket Case with Armband for Samsung P2 MP3 Players - DLZ5242417 - Compare Prices and Buy at PriceGrabber

or this one:

Speck Products iPod Video Active Sport Armband Case w/ Velcro Strap - IVACTIVEARM875912001571 - Compare Prices and Buy at PriceGrabber

or this one:

Case Logic Caselogic TSUA-1Pink True Sport Universal Armband - TSUA1PINK - Compare Prices and Buy at PriceGrabber

I use one that was made for the old, thick Creative Zen 30GB mp3 player. I didn't see that armband still being sold. My guess is that armbands made for the iPod classic and video would fit.

Happy trails!
    The first one on my list is probably too small. I just checked what a Samsung P2 MP3 player is, and it is a thin flash-based mp3. If I were buying today, I'd get the 3rd one. There is nothing to block the headset cord. Mine has a clear window in front, but honestly, it is very difficult to use the touch screen through that window, especially while jogging. I end up having to take it out of the pouch anyway.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast