Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I can't download/install new apps or upgrades from the App Catalog anymore. I get an error message saying:

"You must delete some apps or files before you can install it"

I thought the 1.3.5 webOS update fixed this issue. Also I have about 800 MB free (according to iTunes/doubleTwist).

Any ideas? Is this an actual bug or do I need to really delete some apps to free up space?
    how much free space does it say u have on the pre itself ? in device info
    800 MB...seriously? WOW!

If you don't wanna delete apps. I say get rid of the p*o*r*n...LOL jk

Do you really need that many apps?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    @ryan9102: friggin' good call man, Device Info says I have nothing left (0.0 GB). My iTunes/doubleTwist syncing has been off lately, prolly the culprit. Any idea how to delete the music library and iTunes/doubleTwist linkage/relationship data if iTunes doesn't detect the Pre anymore and doubleTwist is just... well just not working properly?

@rigatoni1374: haha, its all 6+ GB of music, I swear! I have refrained from putting p*o*r*n on it because my gf would want to watch it all the time and wanna give me road h*ead... my license is already suspended, lol
    LOL...yeah that's y i'm all about pandora/slacker. There is to much music out there for 8G to cram.
    hey for once i got something right time to celebrate
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTY View Post
    haha, its all 6+ GB of music, I swear! I have refrained from putting p*o*r*n on it because my gf would want to watch it all the time and wanna give me road h*ead... my license is already suspended, lol
    Why don't you use Ampache or anything like that so you don't have any music taking up space on your Pre.
    Or just be more selective about your music. I have a fairly massive collection of music, but I certainly don't need it all at one time. I find 2 gigs to be more than adequate for a few days, figure an MP3 album at a medium encode is under 75 megs, 6 gigs of music would be approximately 100 full albums. Do you really need to carry that much music around all the time?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Initially this whole music thang on the Pre was an orgy, then just decent Sunday afternoon head now it just itches and burns. I don't understand why Palm doesn't have a dedicated/sponsored/recommended/preferred/re-branded desktop media syncing companion.

I am selective with what I put on my Pre, but I have an eclectic taste for music so its kinda hard not have a wide range of music with me. Pandora starts to repeat songs too quickly for me and I don't like to be locked into one genre/style/station. Slacker's sound quality is kinda bad (sounds like 112 Kb/s MP3s) and their music selections in a given genre don't mesh well together. Ampache sounds cool but the requirements to get it running is asking too much. A Simplify Media or Orb webOS client would be awesome (especially if it streamed my iTunes playlists too).