1.    #1  
    I continue to get the following when trying to uninstall the "Epic Black" theme on my device. I have been fighting this for some time now. Any help would be appreciated. And thanks much in advance!

Tried to reset phone using webOS DR
    Tried to uninstall using preware
    Tried to repair using the webOS repair utility
    Tried to uninstall using webOS QuickInstall

Nothing works! Here is the error log that I continue to get...

Postinst:
    There is already a theme installed. Remove any installed themes before continuing.
    Removing package com.prethemer.themes.367d27a3dd from root.
    mkdir: cannot creat directory '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install': File exists
    cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory
    sh: 1: unknown operand
    you say that you "tried" to doctor your phone. Did you not succeed at this? What happened? What version is your Pre? I would say the Doctor is probably your best bet but need more details to possibly be able to help.
    If you used the doctor, what version?
  4.    #4  
    Sorry, I used the most recent available version on all. I downloaded them all last night again just to make sure I had the most up-to-date versions.

The webOS Dr works and does reset the phone. I then can pull my profile back onto phone and have retained all my info. The issue is that I still have the theme hanging and cannot for the life of me get my phone to completely reset. Once I have completed the Dr, I put the device back into developer mode and use the webosqi to look at it. It still shows that a theme is installed. I try to change back to default and it just hangs on my PC. If I use my Mac it gives me an error #5 and then error #19. I have also tried to use the webos repair utility. It did find one file that was changed. So, I allow it to restore the file. When doing this, it does not correct the issue either.

Suggestions? Thanks much
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    you say that you "tried" to doctor your phone. Did you not succeed at this? What happened? What version is your Pre? I would say the Doctor is probably your best bet but need more details to possibly be able to help.
    Model P100EWW
    Sprint Version

Config to Sprint 2.2
    Running Palm webOS 1.3.5.1

Thanks
    The webOS Doctor does not clean your phone like it used to.

Do a Partial Restore. Device Info -->Reset Option --> Partial Erase.

Your music, etc should still be there but you will have to set up your email and contacts.

So make sure that you are backed up before your do this: Backup --> Back up now

Copy all Pre files to your computer, etc.

- Craig
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The webOS Doctor does not clean your phone like it used to.

Do a Partial Restore. Device Info -->Reset Option --> Partial Erase.

Your music, etc should still be there but you will have to set up your email and contacts.

So make sure that you are backed up before your do this: Backup --> Back up now

Copy all Pre files to your computer, etc.

- Craig
    Thanks Craig! Cured my issue right away!
    Last edited by pigskinplayers; 02/17/2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling