Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Should all patches be removed from quick install? I've read that they don't have to be for preware. I haven't used preware, but maybe I should try it after the update. So must I remove patches and any hompbrew apps with quick install before I update?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Generally, you do not have to uninstall patches installed using WebOS Quick Install. Search "AUPT" or read here: Auto-Update Patch Technology - WebOS Internals

You never had to uninstall apps.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    so is this correct now? Can I just do the new update and not worry about un installing everything?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    anyone have any info on the link this guy posted, I just wanna know before I update
    well before updating you need to get all your patches AUPT compatible... you do that by removing and installing each patch or updating each patch to the newest version of the patch... once thats done go ahead and update to 1.4

After the 1.4 update, go back into preware or WOQI (whichever you prefer) and check your patches for updates and click Update All.. done
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    well my computer just took a ****,so I need to update the patchs by preware and it won't start up