Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just looking at the exhibitor list on:

International CTIA WIRELESS 2010

and downloaded the floor plan. I see Palm has quite a huge exhibition space. Do you think they'll reveal anything new here? The C40 perhaps? Just curious
    next logical step is new hardware
    I'm willing to guess AT&T Pre Plus is part of the agenda.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yeah, it makes sense (in my mind at least) that if they're going to present at a gaming conference, that they'd also want to present at a phone conference around that time as well.

Hopefully they've got some big stuff planned.
    Yeah.....Fingers crossed!!!
    I know Dan Hesse of Sprint is doing a Keynote at CTIA, so it is posible that the two companies could be making an announcement. But on the other hand Palm could just be making the an announcement about the Pre & Pixi they are releasing on the AT&T network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire105 View Post
    I know Dan Hesse of Sprint is doing a Keynote at CTIA, so it is posible that the two companies could be making an announcement. But on the other hand Palm could just be making the an announcement about the Pre & Pixi they are releasing on the AT&T network.
    Well, Ralph De La Vega of ATT is also supposed to be doing a presentation at CTIA so its all speculation at this moment. But I would err on side of not hearing anything about new devices but instead hearing about Pre Plus and Pixi Plus heading to ATT in May.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    But Palm is not having any kind of presentation. It would be weird to have Sprint or AT&T announce Palm's new product.

I think they might've learned from the backlash last year. Announcing the Pre in January and shipping it in June. They might want to announce it a little later if their new product will be shipping in June or July.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    IMO the Pre and Pixi Plus are their new hardware and they won't announce a new handset until the fall at least. I do think that the original Pre and Pixi will be phased out and all carriers will have the Plus sometime during the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by galliorevo View Post
    IMO the Pre and Pixi Plus are their new hardware and they won't announce a new handset until the fall at least. I do think that the original Pre and Pixi will be phased out and all carriers will have the Plus sometime during the summer.
    I actually tend to believe this too. Not that I don't want or wouldn't love a brand spankin new phone but I just think it's more likely that once the Verizon exclusivity is done the +'s will be making there way to Sprint and AT&T. I love my regular old Pre so I wouldn't extend my contract for a + but I'd grab one off the interwebz in a heartbeat if/when Sprint gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by galliorevo View Post
    Yeah, of all the conjecture I've read, this one is what makes the most sense to me. I don't think we'll see a Pre2 this summer or fall, but I do think we'll get an announcement of a new handset around that time. I just got my Pre a month ago on Sprint. I'm kinda wishing I would have held out a bit longer for the Plus, as I feel it will eventually find it's way onto the Sprint network.
    Another thing: Asia availability. By far there has no mentions of that. Which somewhat matches up a previous article about Asia not getting first-gen Pre, which makes sense if they start off with Pre/Pixi Plus, and availability in Summer.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Not to mention, the cell/smart phones in Asia are FAR MORE ADVANCED than ours. Why is that? More radiation? Who knows, but the product we have pales in comparison.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I was just looking at the exhibitor list on:

International CTIA WIRELESS 2010

and downloaded the floor plan. I see Palm has quite a huge exhibition space. Do you think they'll reveal anything new here? The C40 perhaps? Just curious
    Doesn't look big at all to me. It is the same size as all the standard booths. Samsung, now thats big. Well I guess Palm really doesn't need a big floor space because they have a whopping 2 current devices. Samsung on the other hand...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    Doesn't look big at all to me. It is the same size as all the standard booths. Samsung, now thats big. Well I guess Palm really doesn't need a big floor space because they have a whopping 2 current devices. Samsung on the other hand...

...has a lot of overpriced garbage to push.

FIFY.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Don't tell you don't want to be seen walking around with this! http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images...TV%20phone.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    Don't tell you don't want to be seen walking around with this! http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images...TV%20phone.jpg
    Wow! thats one ugly a s s phone.... And useless! why not add a qwerty keyboard for a screen that size? Typical!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I know right, I wont be caught dead with that. lol
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Yeah, of all the conjecture I've read, this one is what makes the most sense to me. I don't think we'll see a Pre2 this summer or fall, but I do think we'll get an announcement of a new handset around that time. I just got my Pre a month ago on Sprint. I'm kinda wishing I would have held out a bit longer for the Plus, as I feel it will eventually find it's way onto the Sprint network.
    I think the gameplan was that the Pre would be a roaring success and they could follow the apple model of releasing incremental upgrades to the handsets without having to make any radical changes to the design. Since that hasn't work, you have to wonder if they have any other designs up their sleeve or the cupboard is empty and they will have to stick to an incremental upgrade path?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I think the gameplan was that the Pre would be a roaring success and they could follow the apple model of releasing incremental upgrades to the handsets without having to make any radical changes to the design. Since that hasn't work, you have to wonder if they have any other designs up their sleeve or the cupboard is empty and they will have to stick to an incremental upgrade path?
    Heck. If they can fix the build quality issues, I'm fine with them sticking with the Pre form factor. It wouldn't hurt to bump up the screen size to 3.3"+ and at the same time, include a larger battery.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast