Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Heck. If they can fix the build quality issues, I'm fine with them sticking with the Pre form factor. It wouldn't hurt to bump up the screen size to 3.3"+ and at the same time, include a larger battery.
    I have no problem w/ the build quality I just want snapdragon!!!!!!!!!!

I love my Pre, although a 3.3 would help and make the topbar incorperate into the screen size.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Most likely a new Palm announcement of some sort will be revealed at CTIA.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Most likely a new Palm announcement of some sort will be revealed at CTIA.
    Palm will certainly announce something, but that something will, of course, not be a new device. They've made that much perfectly clear.

Choice of:

1. New ad campain
    2. WebOS 1.5 / 1.45 update
    3. AT&T Pre/Pixi partnership

or a combination of the above.
    If palm doesn't release new hardware, then they are officially dead. It will be old news and will get by passed but the N1 on every network, the Desire, the Droid and the Supersonic.

I think think the best solution would be the droid form factor with a vkb for portrait use.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I'm sure they'll eventually release new hardware, but likely not until sometime during the 3rd quarter of the calender year.

Palm is now in the position to have to introduce an entirely new device on a very short time-scale. It seems pretty clear they had planned to go the Apple route by implementing yearly, minor spec bumps to their existing range, but now there's a stigma attached to their current range.

Palm has just enough time to fast-track whatever pre-existing device introduction they had already scheduled on their roadmap. Let's just hope whatever device they designed a year ago is still relevant in the market today.

Palm still has a shot. Even the harshest public sentiment can turn around fairly quickly if they manage to get an enviable device out there--look at the Droid for Motorola.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Heck. If they can fix the build quality issues, I'm fine with them sticking with the Pre form factor. It wouldn't hurt to bump up the screen size to 3.3"+ and at the same time, include a larger battery.
    I'd say 3.7.... 3 inch is fine, but bigger would also mean a thinner device. (more space to spread out the parts across..
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I'd be really surprised if they announced new hardware. From reading this site and others, I have yet to see a true "surprise" announcement. There always seems to be a leak before new hardware and new software update.
    Quote Originally Posted by litt View Post
    I'd be really surprised if they announced new hardware. From reading this site and others, I have yet to see a true "surprise" announcement. There always seems to be a leak before new hardware and new software update.
    The announcement of the Pre in the first place wasn't enough of a surprise for you?
    releasing the pre on at&t is not gonna help them not one bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The announcement of the Pre in the first place wasn't enough of a surprise for you?
    Very true. Palm has done a remarkable job of keeping things quiet, both prior to CES last year and since. And, that's not terribly surprising--companies do it all the time. The only reason Apple products are "leaked" is because it's Apple doing the leaking.

Although I'm not expecting a new device at CTIA, I'd be ecstatic if they pulled one out of their hat.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    releasing the pre on at&t is not gonna help them not one bit.
    It'll help shift their existing inventory and open up the GSM pre stateside.
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    It'll help shift their existing inventory and open up the GSM pre stateside.
    The existing unsold inventory is in the hands of carriers, from my understanding. As in, Palm already got paid for it, and now it's just stuck on the carriers' shelves.

Which means that it can't be taken in and converted to AT&T devices, and it means that it's going to be tough to sell any new devices to the carriers for fear of them being stuck with unsold phones again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12