Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    So, my Pre has been demonstrating some odd behavior I haven't experienced. Let me lay this out in a timeline

1. Physically janked power button. WebOS doctored to stock and took it into Sprint, where they replaced the button.

2. Phone starts having time anomalies. Will randomly gain time. So I turn "network time" off, this is still happening. I'm still gaining about 10 mins a day.

3. Power mode weirdness. This isn't happening as much, but for awhile the phone would randomly pop up with the power down options screen.

4. Battery life is horrible. Before the power button replacement/re-flash, I was getting great life (for a Pre). Now I am using obscene juice even with light use.

So, I want advice on the best way to continue. Should I WebOs Dr. it again? Run EPR and do a partial erase? What is most likely to get me back up and running with the least amount of trouble?

As much as I hate having to set up my phone again, it is way to buggy right now. I suppose I will go lighter on the patches next time around, but I really don't think I am running anything I wasn't before.

Any help appreciated!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Err, bump just once. Hoping to benefit from other people's wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLScott View Post
    So, my Pre has been demonstrating some odd behavior I haven't experienced. Let me lay this out in a timeline

1. Physically janked power button. WebOS doctored to stock and took it into Sprint, where they replaced the button.

2. Phone starts having time anomalies. Will randomly gain time. So I turn "network time" off, this is still happening. I'm still gaining about 10 mins a day.

3. Power mode weirdness. This isn't happening as much, but for awhile the phone would randomly pop up with the power down options screen.

4. Battery life is horrible. Before the power button replacement/re-flash, I was getting great life (for a Pre). Now I am using obscene juice even with light use.

So, I want advice on the best way to continue. Should I WebOs Dr. it again? Run EPR and do a partial erase? What is most likely to get me back up and running with the least amount of trouble?

As much as I hate having to set up my phone again, it is way to buggy right now. I suppose I will go lighter on the patches next time around, but I really don't think I am running anything I wasn't before.

Any help appreciated!
    Any chance the power down options were a result of your 'janked' power button, and have gone away because it was replaced? Just an idea.

Both my father and I sometimes notice the fast clock. I blame it on time dilation due to localized temporal anomalies caused by WebOS. This is in fact a feature used to keep parts of the phone small. (At realitavistic speeds, things 'shrink' in the direction of travel)
    I never really have problems with the time.
    I installed NTP Sync through Preware and it works pretty well.
    I recommend downloading that to fix the time issue.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Can you install battery monitor and report back on what your hourly usage looks like?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have 4 pres - and every one of them has the time wierdness happening. They all tend to gain about a minute or so every couple days. Only one of them has patches installed, so that's not the cause. I have to do a reset every so often to get the time synced back up with Sprint. All four use network time.