Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I can't seem to remove the hold chat to open new card patch. O even tried to remove it with emergency patch recovery but it is still there . Can any one help me ? Please and thanks!

lucki
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    I can't seem to remove the hold chat to open new card patch. O even tried to remove it with emergency patch recovery but it is still there . Can any one help me ? Please and thanks!

lucki
    Probably because it's aupt-2 but I'm sure you didn't search to read that anywhere. Just reinstall the patches you removed, they will then be aupt-3 and you should be able to remove them. Otherwise just doctor your phone, like new in under an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    Just wondering, Doctoring doesnt seem to restore to like new anymore like it used to. Traces of patches still show up
    The latest doctor doesn't erase the USB partition anymore, you have to doctor down to an older version (I believe WebOS 1.2) first and then the latest version to get rid of everything.
    Twitter: @PK1030
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    Just wondering, Doctoring doesnt seem to restore to like new anymore like it used to. Traces of patches still show up
    An older version of webOS doctor needs to be used. The latest does not overwrite everything. I believe it would need to be a doctor PRIOR to 1.3.5, then after you doctor just update OTA

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I don't want to have to doctor my phone. Also I can remove every patch but hold chat for new text card I can't update it or remove it =(. Thanks for the help guys but any other suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    I don't want to have to doctor my phone. Also I can remove every patch but hold chat for new text card I can't update it or remove it =(. Thanks for the help guys but any other suggestions?
    Check out the link below. Caj2008 lists two different methods of removing stuck patches/patch residue in the first couple paragraphs.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html
    Twitter: @PK1030
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Thanks pkisme I'll check it out !
    I downloaded the my notification patch onto my pixi and i dont know how to delete that, as well as the webOS quick install