1.    #1  
    Now that the Pre is not compatible with iTunes (again), how can I manage music other than just dragging and dropping?
    I also can not find the music I transferred from iTunes, which I would like to delete, where is it stored?

Thanks
    The music from iTunes is hidden in an encrypted folder that you cannot access without a bit of hacking.

Media Monkey, Doubletwist and I heard WinAmp all work with the pre.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am new to the Pre and used Salling Media Sync. It worked perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Media monkey will also manage all your id tagging so album art works, manage playlists, and syncin. Music player remix is the app to use on the pre.

tho personally i just use it for id tagging, as i like dragging and dropping (i once owned the Motorola 'Rokr' iTunes phone - it put me off iTunes and media syncing for life!)
    And i often have the same album in flac, mp3, and wma, which confuses the little fellow, (the monkey), as well as cd and vinyl; but he doen't care about those.

NB The music playback quality on the pre is awesome.. but I wish there was a way to fine tune the volume a little ... but the developers say there is no scope in the current build. Palm take note!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmr65 View Post
    NB The music playback quality on the pre is awesome.. but I wish there was a way to fine tune the volume a little ... but the developers say there is no scope in the current build. Palm take note!!
    I also think the volume settings on the Pre needs fine tuning, the music volume is too low and when you bump up 1 notch then it's blarring in you ear. I found a way around this with the Backbeat 903's BT headphones, the volume control is independent of the Pre's control and plus has finer increments in volume settings.
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    The music from iTunes is hidden in an encrypted folder that you cannot access without a bit of hacking.

Just to clarify - there's no "hacking" needed to delete the iTunes files. To delete in USB mode on the computer, one just needs to show hidden folders. Also, MediaMonkey can read the iTunes files on the Pre, and therefore one can also delete them from there. Finally, the OP can also downgrade their iTunes to an earlier version to delete the iTunes songs that way. I hope this helps to clarify a bit.
    I gave up on GoGadget and Salling......downgraded iTunes to 9.0.1 and it works like a charm.