Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Every time I check for updates I am told there are software updates, yet 90% of the time there really are none at all, not a huge deal but annoying, anyone else experience the same problem?
    Try going to the "shopping bag" in the App Catalog... it may be that you have an update in there. If you do, you can update from there and your Update App wil clear.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Well that is what it is referring to, when I hit show updates it brings be to that area of the app catalog, but there is no Install Updates button or any app showing an update.
    I get the same message as the OP. Check for updates and get the notice that "Application updates are now available." I press the "Show Updates" button and it takes me to the App Catalog, but there is nothing to update????
    Mine was doing that too, but when I went to the App Catalog on my own, and tapped the Shopping Bag, there were 2 updates there waiting for me.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    me too...... kinda annoying
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Well, nice to know its not just me!
    I have the same issue too. Could it be because I have older home brew apps that are now pay for apps in the Palm App store??? (like FlightView v0.9.17)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I was thinking that, Somtimes if I get updates from preware, then check the updates app, it will act right. But I'm not willing to remove old free apps to see if that is it....
    Let's hope it's a sign
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Maybe it is, I actually had 10 updates available today from Preware, never seen that many in a day, pretty much every package I had installed, maybe a sign, maybe a coincidence.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Ive noticed when you go to your shopping bag and and install the updates that you have, later on or sometimes the next day if its late when you do it that whatever you updated will be out in the recent apps. What I think is going on is that the phone downloads the update before palm officially puts it in the app catalog.
    I tried going to App Store on my own, but still no updates there to install.
    It's a bug, that will take Palm a year or so to correct.
    Yeah, been discussed before, don't know what's causing it, but all of a sudden it stopped for me after I finally had some apps that need updating and after I updated them it was fixed.
    I have the same issue.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by spartini View Post
    I have the same issue too. Could it be because I have older home brew apps that are now pay for apps in the Palm App store??? (like FlightView v0.9.17)
    That could very well be the issue. I had some older Home brew apps and patches as well and encountered the same problem. I WebOS doctored my Pre in preparation for the 1.4 update on the 15th. I don't really need to mention the disappointment involved with that whole situation. The point to all this is that I haven't Home brewed my Pre again yet and I don't encounter this problem anymore. So maybe it is just old Home brewed apps. It really annoyed me, so I'm glad that it has stopped for me.
    No patches, no homebrew, all apps updated, and I get the error as well. A little annoying, but no biggie.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    im having a problem were it say updates available, it shows me the updates but nothing at all is downloading for some reason, and even when i try to download a new app it doesnt seem to download, it just says downloading and nothing happens, anyone else experiencing this?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast