1.    #1  
    I'm very close to giving up my effort to unlock that Telcel Palm Pre I've been wanting to use on AT&T's 3G network, content to live happily with my Unlocked Movistar Spain Pre on AT&T with EDGE data for a few more months!

Thanks,
    TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 03/17/2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Personal Reasons
    Any idea if they will come with OS 1.4?

If it comes mid-March I might be able to pick one up since I have a business trip down to New York...

But I still think it's May unfortunately...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    so really, ATT and palm is gonna happened? I have an upgrade, don't want an Iphone, want a pre...so...let me know...my upgrade is NOW and don't want to blow it!
    Sue
    Get an iPhone, sell it and get two Pres for the price in case ( and it will happen ) that one gets a defect
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post
    Get an iPhone, sell it and get two Pres for the price in case ( and it will happen ) that one gets a defect
    Hmmm unfortunately these itude guys lurk in the shadows ready to jump out and speak nonsense.
    Im so excited, id been checking these forums for awhile now, hearing rumors that the pre was coming. Ive had my upgrade for about a month now and i will be saving it for this

Im so ready to move on from a blackberry.
    i would love to know the Pre and Palm Pixi are coming to at&t.
    Thanks so much for the info TTB! My wife's poor little Treo 680 is running on fumes and she is dying for a Pre, good to know she won't have to wait too much longer. I guess in the meantime we can wait to see if Telus Canada releases the Pre on their network as their phones have been (historically) easy to unlock to use on ATT.

Anyone have news on when that may be happening? Last I heard it was to happen at the end of January. Getting a Pre from Telus would also be beneficial as you only pay $10/month for unlimited data therefore saving $240/year if you get a smartphone directly branded by ATT.
    I'm much ready for an at&t Palm Pre in fact I can't wait.
    so is there a locked Pre that can be unlocked?? I want one so badly, if ATT could only do thierself the service of reading this forum it would be great.
    Sue
    Thanks for posting Tongue. It's pretty cool that you spotted the phones in the office. I'm going to assume that ATT is in the testing phase. Not to far of a stretch considering we've seen stories over the last several months about Pres and Pixis showing up on DSL Speed reports using 3G on ATT's network. But this all goes back to ATT's CEO of mobility, Ralph De La Vega confirming at CES 2010 that there would be two WebOs devices coming to ATT during the first half of 2010.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    wow hope this is really true
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post

What a complete doofus...go play with your Wii before bed. The adults are talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    AT&T Mobility will be offering the Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus. They wouldn't let me take pictures, but today at the office I saw them with my own eyes.

After today's show and tell, I'm very close to giving up my effort to unlock that Telcel Palm Pre I've been wanting to use on AT&T's 3G network, content to live happily with my Movistar Spain Pre on AT&T with EDGE data for a few more months!

Thanks,
    TTB
    Blimey we may even see the Pre Plus in the UK before the year is out
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    That is great news and thanks for sharing it. I know I am not the only one who has been waiting anxiously for a long while for this. I am another one with a "getting pretty tired" Treo 680.

Can you give us anymore on the release date? Is the May 10 date accurate?

Cheers,

aviduser
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
    That is great news and thanks for sharing it. I know I am not the only one who has been waiting anxiously for a long while for this. I am another one with a "getting pretty tired" Treo 680.

Can you give us anymore on the release date? Is the May 10 date accurate?

Cheers,

aviduser
    Scroll up...

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    These had 1.3.8 on em.

Won't be out in March. Might have WebOS 1.5 on 'em by the time they hit the street ....... May isn't that far fetched.

Which probably means he's not allowed to tell.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Just fishing for confirmation.

I am growing very impatient and if I think about it for too long, the 10 weeks (assuming a May 10 release) seems a long way off.

Cheers,

aviduser
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
    Just fishing for confirmation.

I am growing very impatient and if I think about it for too long, the 10 weeks (assuming a May 10 release) seems a long way off.

Cheers,

aviduser
    Hey... all us North American GSM people (well, except a select few) has been waiting since June, so a few more weeks shouldn't be TOO bad. But yes it's long overdue.

Very good news. I dont care if its locked or not. Just hoping for a decent build quality.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I hope the release date is correct yes Palm Pre GSM 3G here I come.