Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I think Palm needs to enable an app sharing feature with people in your family.

On my iPhone I can download an app and install it on all the other iPod/iPhone devices I have in my household. We can then all use the same apps and sync information back and forth (Grocery Lists, Budgets, etc). If I want to do the same with the Pre I have to purchase the app x amount of times.

I'm not getting around the system either, this is entirely supported by apple. They allow up to 5 computers to authorize to the same Apple account and developers encourage sharing amongst family members.

If I purchase an app for the PC, I can use it on all my computers in my household (usually).

This makes me not want to purchase any apps at all for Palm because I know I will have to spend 2-3 times as much if I want to share the experience with others in my family.

What do you guys think?
    no it will wind up just like gamesharing on the ps3 and devs wont want to make apps people arent gonna pay for
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    It works for Apple. It's in their license!
    Does it work b/c of Itunes? Sort of like sharing songs on your Itunes playlist with other Ipods/Iphones. That what it sounds like. If that is the case, Palm would need a something like a Itunes client. I don't think you're going to see anything like from Palm anytime soon. I'm not saying never, but right now they're trying to get the App Catologue into the 1000s.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    so because apple does something palm should too huh
    Whatever, I think it's a great idea. And I had no idea you could gameshare on the PS3, wish I could do it on my Wii so I wouldn't have to switch around consoles. Another feature I'll look forward too when I get my PS3 next month! FFXIII and God of War III, yessssssssssss.
    Well, now you know why Apple charges 5 times as much!!
    I think Palm needs to enable an app sharing feature with people in your family.

On my iPhone I can download an app and install it on all the other iPod/iPhone devices I have in my household. We can then all use the same apps and sync information back and forth (Grocery Lists, Budgets, etc). If I want to do the same with the Pre I have to purchase the app x amount of times.

I'm not getting around the system either, this is entirely supported by apple. They allow up to 5 computers to authorize to the same Apple account and developers encourage sharing amongst family members.

If I purchase an app for the PC, I can use it on all my computers in my household (usually).

This makes me not want to purchase any apps at all for Palm because I know I will have to spend 2-3 times as much if I want to share the experience with others in my family.

What do you guys think?
    I think you need to read your licnesing agreements on appplications. I've never owned an iPhone, so you may be right on that one, but you are most defintiely wrong that you can "use it on all my computers in hy household (usually)". Simply incorrect, unless by "can" you mean that you are physically able. You are not allowed to (usually).