Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Dumb text messaging question . . .

I don't have a text messaging plan because I don't use it much. Now I do need to use it. Is there an app that allows you to use your data plan to send a text message to a cell phone?

I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that Messaging gets billed to your text plan. I'm on Verizon and that's 25 cents per.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Okay, I see that Google Voice is now finally out for the pre. How did I miss this on the forums. It's a cloud application through their webpage, but it does the job (clumsily)
    Quote Originally Posted by nxd10 View Post
    Dumb text messaging question . . .

I don't have a text messaging plan because I don't use it much. Now I do need to use it. Is there an app that allows you to use your data plan to send a text message to a cell phone?

I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that Messaging gets billed to your text plan. I'm on Verizon and that's 25 cents per.
    You can send SMS messages via e-mail. Just google "SMS by e-mail" and you will get instructions for what address to use.

For example, with Sprint it's 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com (substitue the correct 10 digit phone # before the @).

That is how my daughter, who doesn't currently have a cell phone, sends text messages to us.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12