1.    #1  
    When I have a call on hold, and another comes in, it's easy to take the second and swap back and forth. However, I can't ever hang up on one call without hanging up on the other, the caller usually has to drop and then I still have a line stuck in Limbo. I have to drop both in order to solve this. Attempting to make another call if one of them hangs up results in no lines free, even if the other call has been gone for 10 minutes. The Pre is hanging on to them. This problem was slightly different on my Centro. The issue as I am aware. lies partly with the carrier, but how much? I'd love to be able to slide a call off the screen and keep the other one intact. Sometimes if I hang up on them both (with one still on hold), I get a ringback from "Unknown Caller" which is fine. I answer it, and the call on hold is most often there.

Do Sprint callers have this same issue?

Is this a Verizon issue and not the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Sometimes if I hang up on them both (with one still on hold), I get a ringback from "Unknown Caller" which is fine. I answer it, and the call on hold is most often there.
    From what I've read (here), I think that's how it works on Sprint. I.e. hang up, and the ring-back is the other caller who has no clue that you did anything other than switch back to his/her call. I guess it's a little leap of faith, and perhaps not the most intuitive....

Regards,
    Tom
    I have the same problem on sprint. It gets very annoying!
    yep, very annoying.
    huh?

Twitter: ed_moscoso
    yup, annoying. Sure it will be fixed in an update, has been on top priority I believe. I can live without it myself but do expect it to be remedied because I called palm and they said it's on their to-do list
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    yup, annoying. Sure it will be fixed in an update, has been on top priority I believe. I can live without it myself but do expect it to be remedied because I called palm and they said it's on their to-do list
    this will NEVER be fixed on the phone side this has been a CDMA issue since thebeginning, 10 years or so.. good luck with the update.
  7.    #7  
    Well that figures. I know the addition of FREE three way calling was a marketing decision, I suppose holding calls out there in limbo forever is too, as both burn double minutes!
    I vaguely remember a similar goofiness with three way calling back in the day.

Whatever the combination was, it could happen where one person's line would stay occupied by the originator of the three way call. So I'm talking to Mike, then I call Joe and make a three-way call. Joe tries to hang up, but the line would stay connected. The only way to release the line would be for me to either hang up or hit the switchook (or flash button) and release the second call.

It was something like that. I wonder if it's the same kind of anomaly that affects CDMA.