1.    #1  
    Have checked with two other Pre owners, and Roam only in preferences, or in Top bar does not function. It only shows an x and never finds a network. Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I just tried mine...seemed to work fine... maybe you should uninstall and install again?... with all the new updates, I have noticed people are having problems with different patches all over...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  3.    #3  
    I have already attempted the uninstall and reinstall. Also rebooted, did not work, the same for one other coworker?
    I have been having strange behavior with this too. Not exactly the same, but my experience has been ever since 1.3.5 I can go into roam only, but it is difficult to get out of it. Takes many, many attempts before it actually succeeds in getting out of the mode.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I have been having strange behavior with this too. Not exactly the same, but my experience has been ever since 1.3.5 I can go into roam only, but it is difficult to get out of it. Takes many, many attempts before it actually succeeds in getting out of the mode.
    +1
    I'm in an area where I HAVE to have roam only work or I can talk for no longer than about 45 seconds...

It seems to have trouble coming out if you are in a week signal area for the Sprint network, but if you are strongly in a good signal area it seems to come out OK.

Bruce