1.    #1  
    First off to begin I have patches and a theme installed on my Pre.

My problem is happening in two different ways:

1) Reboot the Pre and try to open up the launcher (I have 5 pages total usually) - for some reason it will either only show me one page, or four pages, and occasionally show four pages with a few icons on top of each other.

2) I have my Pre one for a bit, pop open the launcher and it will show the 5 pages BUT the last page does not scroll down to show all the rest of the icons...acts like it only has a few items on the page and there is nothing to scroll to...when I know for a fact there is.

I can fix both these problems usually by rebooting a few times and then it will work again...sometimes I reboot once...others 5 times. At times it takes a few seconds after the reboot for the launcher page to repopulate...so when I first launch it, the pages are blank.

Here is the patch (which I have more) and theme I have installed that I think might be related to the issues just in case. If I uninstall the patch it still leaves my icons on all 5 pages whether the patch is installed or not, I just cant add anymore unless the patch is installed.

Patch: Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Theme: Windows 7 v1.0.1 by samnoonan

Anyone have a clue why this might be happening?
    +1
    I have no idea why but I sometimes have completly blank pages in the launcher. It will show the title for each page but no Icons. multiple reboots ususally solves the issue

my patches

laucher page add/delete
    page title patch
    4x4 v3

no theme installed
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    This actually happened to me the other night.

After a reboot only one launcher page would open and there were two icons on top of each other in the top left corner... all the other icons on that page were there and would work.

I fixed by opening Preware (which happens to be on my first page, the one that was showing) and uninstalled the Add/Delete Pages patch. I just picked that one at random from all the patches I had that affect the launcher. After the Luna Restart all was normal again.

I reinstalled the patch and haven't had a problem since.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    This actually happened to me the other night.

After a reboot only one launcher page would open and there were two icons on top of each other in the top left corner... all the other icons on that page were there and would work.

I fixed by opening Preware (which happens to be on my first page, the one that was showing) and uninstalled the Add/Delete Pages patch. I just picked that one at random from all the patches I had that affect the launcher. After the Luna Restart all was normal again.

I reinstalled the patch and haven't had a problem since.
    Ok will have to try that when it happens again and see if that fiexes the problem...unfortunately for me PreWare is on page 5 with the rest of my system tools/utilities.
    I opened up the launcher today to find all my apps had disappeared too. Since I have 4x4 v4 installed, I don't have add/delete pages patch installed. I'm going to uninstall 4x4 v4 to see if that works.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    guys this problem dosnt releated to any patch or app.
    I webdoctored my Pre and found that problem still exsit, so I start to delet some apps and now launcher pages shows all after reset and all times.

This is a bug that caused your pre launcher pages disappears with icons if you have alot of apps, or palm did this andd limited us to install apps by hidding launcher pages.

P.S. I noticed that the launcher page that disappears is the last page and any apps installed recently after this problem happened, also Unvirsal search is disabled, but after removing apps that I don't need everything works well and all launcher pages back again with icons.
    Last edited by amjz; 02/18/2010 at 01:46 AM.