Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don't have a touchstone, and Thank GOD I've never had to replace my Pre.
    I would say the number of people with Touchstones is a subset of the number of people with Pre and Pixi smartphones, which is far LESS than the number of people who do NOT have a Pre or Pixi, lol

Therefore there are far MORE people without them than with them.
    Are you kidding me? When I went into checkout the Pre at launch day, the TS is what closed the deal for me, I also have had one in my car now for months and just ordered one for my travel bag. One nice thing about having one in my car is not only is it always charged, but now it's right next to my me, no more fumbling around trying to find it to after it had slid off under the seat. Only time I mess with that cable thingy is to use webOSQI. My launch day Pre is still purring along just fine.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have one Touchstone and reaaly love the utility; I've had no issues with it. I DO hope to get another to keep in my desk at work or take for travel. Of course, that would necessitate getting another cord (which is an issue I have with Palm: It should come with its own cable), but I have a second plug.

My other hope is that further updates, patches, and apps will allow more things to be done woth the Touchstone, a la the Slipslide app. Maybe some games would allow autopause when the phone is placed on the 'stone, or some patches could be written to allow some sort of choice when the phone is placed upon the 'stone.
    Launch day Pre here and I have 4 Stones. 1 at the office, 1 next to my bed, one in each car. No speaker issues - definitely not related.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    No touchstone here. Until sedio makes the 2600mAH back compatible it will be cable for me.
    magnets and electronics dont go together in my book
    I bought one before I bought my Pre, but it was DOA, so I haven't bothered buying another. I probably will at some point, but only once I know that I'm going to stick with the Pre.
    I have 2 ts and both the pre and pixi, 1 next to my bed and one in my truck. The magnet isn't strong enough to handle the g's in the mr2 :-(

must say I love the ts but wish the display would turn off @ night, that's why I only have 1 next to the bed, can be a we bit bright.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    magnets and electronics dont go together in my book
    Magnets only effect cyclic hard drives.
    Love the TS in my car. Just wish I had a bluetooth head unit, so I didn't have to plug a cord in.
    My touchstone makes ME feel used.
    ive got 1 but i don't realy use it as the case i have protecting my pre does not fit on the phone properly when the ts back is on.its a great concept tho and i love 2 use it but id rather protect my pre and keep it scratch free lol
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    4 stones now, launch day Pre, (Sprint), 1st. stone (home), on launch day, 2nd. (car), a week later, 3rd. (work), a month after that, 4th. (extra for travel), 2 weeks ago.

love 'em.

no speaker issues...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    Magnets only effect cyclic hard drives.
    well, although, I'm not worried about the touchstone erasing my Pre... or anything else, really...

I've had the magnets in audio speakers, wipe out plenty of tapes, floppy discs and photo film, when they have been placed too close. (one very important demo tape I was suppose to have sent to a radio station, comes to mind... boy, was my band ****ed!)

So, I'd have to say magnets can harm more than just hard drives - which, until now, had never heard of. ;-)
    I can't even fathom not using a Touchstone again. I'd settle for one of those stupid powermats, but the Touchstone is SO much more elegant.
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Touchstone here for the wife and I. We both have the charging notification problem where it continuously gives the "ding" once it reaches 100%. So I have to say I'm not very impressed. No speaker problems though.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I gave in and purchased a touchstone and I LOVE it!
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    Touchstone here for the wife and I. We both have the charging notification problem where it continuously gives the "ding" once it reaches 100%. So I have to say I'm not very impressed. No speaker problems though.
    Something is wrong with your TS, it should not do that, return it.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I really love my two touchstones. It's so much better than having to wiggle a a charging cord in and out of the pre's plug every day. Those who don't use it don't know what they're missing!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast