1.    #1  
    Hey having a bit of a problem when it comes to removing certain patches, when I go into preware and uninstall them it doesn't actually uninstall them correctly, now that I have read around in the forums that sometimes things get "stuck" if you add the patches while the app they are affecting is open, but is there anything i can do to get rid of them now they are stuck?

Some of the patches Im having problems with are one that allows SMS in landscape and the one that adds new card per conversation

When I try and reinstall them and uninstall them to see if that works i get
    "error installing: see ipkg log" when installing

anyone know what i can do??
    this happened to me a while back, i went into preware, clicked list everything and typed in emergency patch recovery.

this should technically erase the patches if this fails, i would recommend WebOs Doctor and that should fix it.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Is there any other way to remove a stuck patch besides WebOS Dr? I tried running the EPR and it removed all my patches except 1 ( 4x4 Icons v1) Is there any other way to remove this patch? When I try to remove I get "Error Removing: See IPKG Log" The patch is not really installed, since I ran EPR I am back to the default 3X3 icons.
  4.    #4  
    Did you palm take like 5 mins to reboot after running EPR? Mines still at the "Palm" loading screen and has been for 5 ish mins now
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM56 View Post
    Did you palm take like 5 mins to reboot after running EPR? Mines still at the "Palm" loading screen and has been for 5 ish mins now
    It took about 2 minutes to reboot...which is normal.
  6.    #6  
    mines been going for alot longer than 2 mins, and its worrying me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM56 View Post
    mines been going for alot longer than 2 mins, and its worrying me :P
    If it takes longer than 5 minutes, pull the battery. There may be an issue with the restart device flag via preware.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue, i wanted to remove my patches in anticipation of the webos 1.4 update, but when I ran the EPR ALL of my patches remained on my phone, even though QI says they arent there. I really would like to refrain from running webosdoctor, but if I need to I will. I'm more interested in why this is happening, anybody know?