Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    This is really weird, but my phone doesn't have an "Update Network Settings" option. Apparently it's supposed to be in the Phone dialer, under Preferences, but here are screenshots of what I see there:

imgur.com/AaTD3.png
    imgur.com/Ft6uX.png
    imgur.com/234n0.png

When I spoke wth Bell Mobility tech support, her test phone didn't have the option either (even though her reference materials referred to the option). Is this a Bell thing, and only Sprint/Verizon users have it? I'm running 1.3.5.1.
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
    it should be just above update PRL
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Wow, bizarre. I wonder if there's a way to force a network update through some other method... like a hash code or something.
    Bell Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I was about to ask 'Why would you prefer a hash code?' when I realized what you were actually asking. Are you having a problem? Maybe updating PRL will solve that (and incorporate whatever 'update network settings' would have done).
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I can't access anything on port 80 over my data connection. The whole ugly story is here. While I'm waiting for my replacement phone, I'm just poring over possibilities I could have missed. The mystery "Update Network Settings" option seemed like a pretty big issue on its own, anyway.
    Bell Palm Pre