1.    #1  
    I was in the chiropractor office yesterday making an appointment and the receptionist asked me if wednesday was good for me. I told her to hang on, I had to check my google calendar and pulled out my Pre. She looked puzzled, and then I explained to her that my phone synced with my google calendars and she was rather impressed. In fact so was the lady that was standing next to me. She mentioned that she (the receptionist) had multiple calendars to keep track of (kids) and was really surprised that the pre could handle multiple calendar. I mentioned that the phone was on verizon and sprint and would be coming in roughly 5/6 to AT&T. She noted that when the phone gets to AT&T she would be ready for a new phone.

if you want to convert people to the pre, talk to them about it in regular conversation. What I mean by that is don't approach somebody and say 'you should get this phone' or 'your phone sucks get this' or anything like that. You put that person on defence, and they start to justify their phone to you. Instead, wait for the appropriate time or simply show off a cool feature (you would be amazed how many people are amazed about the facebook picture sync when I tell them I need to be there facebook friend for my phone). Let them realize the Pre is awesome, instead of you trying to convince them of it.
    i tend to use my pre very obviously in shopping centers, or go into the local O2 shop and put all the pre's in order, make sure they are all turned on and at full brightness so everyone notices them
    That is Palm 's job and the carriers. I could care less if Palm went under.
  4.    #4  
    sorry you feel that way. Truth be told the main reason I want more people to buy the pre is so that application developers start prioritizing the pre. There is alot of apps I want, and I really don't want to switch from my pre just to get the barcode scanner app the droid has.
    I have found out that the biggest reason people don't like the pre is because of the screen size and the lack of a native on screen keyboard.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I've found the biggest reason people don't like it is because it lags.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/16/2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I won't recommend the Pre until they come out with solid hardware that can handle the power of the OS and is durable enough to live in the real world.
  9. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I won't recommend the Pre until they come out with solid hardware that can handle the power of the OS and is durable enough to live in the real world.
    They did. I've got it.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corbey94 View Post
    i tend to use my pre very obviously in shopping centers, or go into the local O2 shop and put all the pre's in order, make sure they are all turned on and at full brightness so everyone notices them
    ocd?
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    sorry you feel that way. Truth be told the main reason I want more people to buy the pre is so that application developers start prioritizing the pre. There is alot of apps I want, and I really don't want to switch from my pre just to get the barcode scanner app the droid has.
    Just to be sure what I said is not directed at you. Palm and the carriers need to have better training with the kid/ sale's people they hire. I too want to see better apps and support for the device. But I must say again not my Job. I already feel like a beta tester with the PRE.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcus View Post
    I've found the biggest reason people don't like it is because it lags.
    The lag absolutely drives me crazy at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    The lag absolutely drives me crazy at times.
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I agree el_dheeb, but I don't think a Pre user should feel so compelled to make Pre known to masses at any possible - or impossible - occasion, either.
    I have enjoyed using Pre - and I have told that to people interested enough to listen to.
    The less favourable pieces of information (app catalog problems, "wobble"), I haven't withheld that, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    That's the main problem.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dheeb View Post
    With an fixed foucs lens the pre will never have the same fast easy barcode scanning found on the iphone and android.

The apps that we currently have require server side processing to make them work.
    I support the phones in my office, and we have about 4 iPhone 3GS and one iPhone 3G. They are all slow! (The other phones are not smart phones so I won't mention them.)
    We've had 2 Windows Mobile devices - - - Slow and crappy!
    And this new guy came in with his Blackberry he had just bought to link with our Exchange server - Absolutely the worst of them all! He had to take it back and get the iPhone.... Still slow though.
    There aren't any perfect phones out there. They all have their issues.
    The iPhone is nice, but if it didn't have all those apps it would have bored me after the 2nd week of ownership.
    I don't want a phone that is nice mostly because of apps;
    I want a phone with a cool interface and user experience and couple that with the apps. The Pre is definitely getting there!
    what if we use the kitten approach....buy the phone...or the kittens gets it