1.    #1  
    Hi guys, Im new to the forum and also new to my palm pre, already I decided to follow a guide i found on the website and installed preware (i'm guessing i've hacked my phone) now i can see loooadddds of applications available to download, are they all free? please let me know
    thank you
    Not all are free, the homebrew ones are, but Preware can pull feeds from the official App Catalog and the Palm Web Catalog. Some of these apps are paid.

There is an option in the Preferences menu to show ONLY the free apps.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  3.    #3  
    oh ok thanks, is there a hack available to install paid apps for free, because i used to use symbian devices and that is what i used to do before, thanks for your response
    No, you can't install paid apps for free. And we do not support piracy of any kind here.
  5.    #5  
    okay. sorry.
    I'll sell you one preware for $19.99.
    ^ wow that's cheap send me your paypal please

i have lots of money laying around...

lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    lol...you guys are jerks!

jk. New to my pixi too (ugh, the name is so very unmasculine)
    and if I remember correctly, pre & pixi can use all the same apps/patches right? Thanks to super spectacular webOS?
    great pic
    Quote Originally Posted by lodown3 View Post
    lol...you guys are jerks!

jk. New to my pixi too (ugh, the name is so very unmasculine)
    and if I remember correctly, pre & pixi can use all the same apps/patches right? Thanks to super spectacular webOS?
    thta's 99% true. the Pixi is less powerful, so it won't be able to run things like the 3D games, and I'm pretty sure Flash will not be coming to the pixi either. Pretty much everything else will work.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    And we do not support piracy of any kind here.
    !BS!
    If it helps, when you open Preware there is an option in the "Preferences" menu that allows you to only display free apps. It helps me fight the temptation to spend too much money buying apps .
    Twitter: @PK1030
    heres a question do i have to uninstall preware when I goto update my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by pkisme View Post
    If it helps, when you open Preware there is an option in the "Preferences" menu that allows you to only display free apps. It helps me fight the temptation to spend too much money buying apps .
    In fact, you can turn off feeds for thisngs you're not interested in...such as Themes and Palm beta, Palm web distrubution and App Catalog apps. Makes Preware load much faster. besides, the App Catalog does a better job diplaying and sorting the paid apps than Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by hmniphoto View Post
    heres a question do i have to uninstall preware when I goto update my phone?
    Nope you don't have to uninstall any apps you download in preware. Only themes
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Nope you don't have to uninstall any apps you download in preware. Only themes
    and patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    and patches.
    You don't have to uninstall patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    You don't have to uninstall patches.
    If you've recently updated Preware, the patches have changed to use te AUPT to no londer require you to have to remove them..

Just the Themes as noted in the responses above.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts

We have a natural aversion to pirates, since we're ninjas and all.
    Love the ninja penguin!