Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hi,

Does anyone know why preware has run through another full update of the patches again? I thought they had done this a few weeks ago already?

Thanks
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2225028

I don't understand why I don't have patch updates showing in Preware.
    ^ are your feeds on?

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2225028

I don't understand why I don't have patch updates showing in Preware.
    I didn't have any updates showing in Preware either. I hit "update feeds" and after it loaded they were there and I was able to successfully update.
    Twitter: @PK1030
    Quote Originally Posted by pkisme View Post
    I didn't have any updates showing in Preware either. I hit "update feeds" and after it loaded they were there and I was able to successfully update.
    Mine didn't show up until the third time I updated feeds.
    this update has jacked my phone up I no longer can browse any app in the catalog they are all gone and I have several patches that are not right + vk is broken
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    After I have updated all my patches, will I still need to delete them and my theme prior to the 1.4 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyb1974 View Post
    After I have updated all my patches, will I still need to delete them and my theme prior to the 1.4 update?
    yes just run the epr patch. But after the update your phone should auto matically ask you if you want to reinstall all patches because of a recent update. This is what I've come to understand anyways.lol

so we don't need to remove patches but just themes and non preware stuff. Ok then thanks for the info. But why is this update to aupt messing up my phone now when all I did was hit update?
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 02/16/2010 at 11:13 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thanks, I wasnt sure if preware had tweaked the patches so they would be compatible with 1.4, or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes just run the epr patch. But after the update your phone should auto matically ask you if you want to reinstall all patches because of a recent update. This is what I've come to understand anyways.lol
    You'll only see the updates for the patches correctly if you do NOT run EPR. Running EPR will remove all the patches, and is not -required- before an OTA anymore. Be sure to remove themes and other stock modifications outside of AUPT.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    wait, I don't even think you need to run the epr, all oyu have to do is remove any themes - no need to remove any patches. Can someone please confirm?
    Got it, just remove the themes, and the patches will update themselves. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    wait, I don't even think you need to run the epr, all oyu have to do is remove any themes - no need to remove any patches. Can someone please confirm?
    As long as you update all the patches to the newest AUPT, you can keep all your patches installed, just remove themes.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    after the update unthrottled download no longer shows up as installed..when I try to install it via preware it says error installing. Do I need to un EPR? Thanks for any help I'm a Pre newcomer.
    I'm having some trouble with this as well and trying to find out how to fix. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to web doc my phone to fix this though lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    this update has jacked my phone up I no longer can browse any app in the catalog they are all gone and I have several patches that are not right + vk is broken
    I had this problem with vk before. Vk creates it's own folder, so just go into usb mode, find the folder and delete it. Then you can reinstall it without any IPKG errors.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I'm having some trouble with this as well and trying to find out how to fix. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to web doc my phone to fix this though lol
    I was having the same problem as you. My app catalog was not showing up after running the patch updates. I ended up running EPR and now the catalog works just fine. I'm going to go in and re-install my patches and hopefully the catalog doesn't go down again.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    As long as you update all the patches to the newest AUPT, you can keep all your patches installed, just remove themes.
    What is it about themes that makes them so disposable? By that, I mean what is it about them that makes them not saveable?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbuck387 View Post
    after the update unthrottled download no longer shows up as installed..when I try to install it via preware it says error installing. Do I need to un EPR? Thanks for any help I'm a Pre newcomer.
    Sometimes uninstalling and then reinstalling Preware will fix that. If the patch it shows up again when you reinstall Preware update it or remove and reinstall it. I use Preload to reinstall Preware.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast