1.    #1  
    Wow, so this has been a nightmare. I'm on my 3rd Pre now. First two had bad headphone jacks, yeah yeah, and my second replacement phone won't send picture messages.

So I called Sprint, went through all the tech support hoops, they told me to restore the phone via the ##3282# lockcode app, then reboot the phone and it should be back. Well, bad news. I did that, rebooted the phone and now I have no internet service! The Ev status icon is gone.

So I call up Sprint again and say now it's even worse than before. Picture messages still don't work and even worse, I don't have internet service anymore. This new rep tells me to do the same thing. I said I already did it, but I'll try it again. I do, no dice. Then she tells me to go to the phone app, hit the menu, go to preferences and hit "Update Network Settings". I do, and it fails with the following message: "The network settings could not be updated. Try again later. If the problem persists, call Sprint Customer Service."

Then she says "oh, that's weird. did you try bringing it to your local Sprint store to get looked at?" I said no, she said "you should do that." I hung up.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Dude, I just had the same problem. I'm on my third pre *plus* because of this. The EV icon went away, no text, calls (even *228, ##whatever), or internet. I had tech support, tech support "tier 2", and 5 customer service reps + a manager at a corporate store who couldn't do a dang thing to fix it. They tried literally everything. So they gave me a new phone. Only known fix, even if for a few days in my case. ha. You'll need a new phone.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    If you still have the Master Lock code they gave you written down (The MSL), try doing a ##786# and choosing the reset option at the bottom. THIS WILL ERASE YOUR PHONE. However after the phone restarts and reactivates itself it should restore your Palm profile including your contacts. This should fix the issue, but the "Update Network Settings" button should have done the trick as well. Are you maybe in a roaming area where the phone may not be able to pull the programming info?
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    If you still have the Master Lock code they gave you written down (The MSL), try doing a ##786# and choosing the reset option at the bottom. THIS WILL ERASE YOUR PHONE. However after the phone restarts and reactivates itself it should restore your Palm profile including your contacts. This should fix the issue, but the "Update Network Settings" button should have done the trick as well. Are you maybe in a roaming area where the phone may not be able to pull the programming info?
    So, good news and bad news. I called Sprint tech support again last night and after 30 minutes of the same thing I was finally escalated to higher tech support level. Unfortunately, that conversation lasted all of 30 seconds because she said the only resolution was to do a hard-reset of the device. So I backed up everything and then used WebOS Doctor to wipe and restore it.

It booted back up and tried to go through the activation process, but failed. I wasn't surprised, but by this time it was outside the normal operational hours for customer service, so I couldn't get a hold of anyone to resolve the activation problem.

This morning, I called in, got someone to confirm the activation should go through, it didn't, so they had me run the ##RTN# restoration. I did, and after that activation went through and I got evdo back. However, I STILL can't send and receive picture messages!

Could this really be a hardware problem? I didn't think MMS had special hardware, but by now I've completely restored all software and Sprint has confirmed there's nothing weird on my account that would prevent me from using MMS.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    You can also try to update your PRL which is right below Update network settings. If it goes through then try to update the network settings.

I could never get my phone to update network settings without updating my PRL first..
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    What they'll do is turn your internet back on and by that time you'll be glad that its back on that MMS not working won't even seem like a big deal. :P