1.    #1  
    Didn't see a thread on this one, but Glu Mobile's World Series of Poker is now available in the app catalog!
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I'm shocked glu finally brought on a new game for pre. Keep them coming please.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    At what point will we stop making a new thread for every new app in this forum?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Once app flow becomes like that of a raging river lol
    Im glad to know whats new.
    A sticky for a single new apps thread would help.
    I'm sure this is a nice game, I just don't see any reason to buy it over the free Card Ace. I know it says there's a career mode for single player, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm sure this is a nice game, I just don't see any reason to buy it over the free Card Ace. I know it says there's a career mode for single player, but still.
    im starting to think that devs that wait to long might not see a good response from the community because free games like card ace have all ready been here I yo see no reason to pay for this with card ace being here
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    global multiplayer and stat tracking! Playing againt the computer is boring to me.
    Card Ace has global multiplayer and stat tracking and has been out forever...oh yeah, it's FREE too.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    global multiplayer and stat tracking! Playing againt the computer is boring to me.
    Card Ace has had global multiplayer (against webOS, iPhone/ iPod Touch, and Facebook players) since it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    im starting to think that devs that wait to long might not see a good response from the community because free games like card ace have all ready been here I yo see no reason to pay for this with card ace being here
    One, I donated to the Card Ace developer. You get extra money in the game, but that's not why I did it.

Two, I'd rather support a developer who uses the Mojo SDK and builds a game designed around the Pre rather than someone who does a quick and dirty port from the iPhone.

I've bought a ton of webOS apps, and have no problems with supporting developers. In fact, I bought Glu's other app, Glyder2. But at the same time, if there's already a game that does it better and it's free, I'll stick with the free one.

While 3D games and the like, developed using the PDK, are very good at times, they come with too many qualms attached. All of them overclock the CPU to 600mHz, which can help kill the battery a whole lot faster. All of them pretty much require you to close all of your other apps, defeating the purpose of the multitasking. Basically, when there's a very well done app done in the Mojo SDK that doesn't have those caveats, why would anyone want to pay for the PDK one? The graphics in Card Ace are every bit as good as this.
    Card Ace also has global multiplayer (all they're games do if I'm not mistaken) I've played on the same table with ppl that have iphone, pixi, pre and pc....

update: Darn jhoff80 ya beat me to it!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Sorry never heard of card ace. Ok just tried it. Blackjack isn't nearly as interesting as poker.
    Look it up, son, and start betting!

Motorola KRZR > Palm Centro > Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre
    Sorry never heard of card ace. Ok just tried it. Blackjack isn't nearly as interesting as poker.
    Uh, there's two different ones. The new Blackjack, and the older Hold'Em.
    Ugh. I guess I'm forced to buy this since I'm a hold 'em nut. I don't like the idea of $9 but it should be good. I'll post my thoughts later hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by driv3thru View Post
    Ugh. I guess I'm forced to buy this since I'm a hold 'em nut. I don't like the idea of $9 but it should be good. I'll post my thoughts later hopefully.
    Did you not read the rest of the posts in this thread? Card Ace (Hold 'Em) (available on Preware) is free, looks just like the PDK game, and has global multiplayer as well.

Oh, and did I mention it's free?
    Card Ace is absolutely not rigged in any way. All the odds are completely consistent, no users have an advantage over another, and the AI players (which are all labeled as bots, and are only present in Hold 'Em) play with the cards they're dealt, just as any other player. The dealer in Blackjack gets their cards dealt, again, the same as any other player.

We have had a number of glitches in the past - there's no denying that. That's the fun of developing a massively multiplayer game for a rapidly-evolving platform. We had a bug that was introduced by a webOS update (where for some users, some cards displayed incorrectly), and we've had a few minor issues that were simply bugs in the game. Whenever we encounter an issue, we work as fast as possible to address it.

Many of the negative reviews we've received actually stem from a single user (and her friends). She believes that the game stole her chips - but I spent hours combing through the logs, and found all the totals for chips tallied up correctly. Despite sending her the logs of the entire time period in question, she's rallied a few of her friends (who have not had any issues of their own) to badmouth the game on the App Catalog's reviews.

We have thousands of players who play our games on a daily basis - and our survival as a company depends on players trusting the integrity of our games. While it's completely out of our hands if a player hits a string of bad luck and blames it on us, that's all it is - bad luck. That's how games like this work. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

What we hope is that you have a lot of fun playing with your friends in the meantime.

Cheers.
    seppo
    I wish I could get my money back. It's a cool game but it is just a little boring to me + it's pricey. Maybe it's because I'm used to the fluency of online poker rooms (Full Tilt). The buttons are small as well and sometimes do not cooperate. Oh well, maybe I'll come to enjoy it.