Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i have a question im going away on a cruise for spring break and i cannot live without internet but internet on the cruise ship is expensive now i have mobile hot spot wifi tethering and on the cruise you can still pickup sprint internet its just that its the international service or whatever you call it now if i use mobile hotspot could sprint charge me at all for that or could they find out or would work? just a thought
    well if its an international cruise i seriously doubt that you'd have internet but no ive been using tethering for a while now and had no issues
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i mean not international its just going to the Caribbean
    My guess it might work, it is called international roaming ... but, they charge an arm and a leg for it -- it would not just come off your data and minutes. It isn't like roaming in the U.S. where you roam for free.
    then possibly im not too sure about whether or not theres service down there
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    SPRINT PCS -

Says if you have service it's 2 cents / kb ($20/ mb). Double check with this site.
    Last edited by bcroft; 02/15/2010 at 08:25 PM.
    It would still be roaming data like on all cruise ships and it will show up on your Sprint bill. The only thing your free wifi tethering is hiding from Sprint is the tether part, not the actual data usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon bailey View Post
    i mean not international its just going to the Caribbean
    Hmm, since the Caribbean is not part of the United States, it would be considered other "nations", therefore it would be international
    Quote Originally Posted by bcroft View Post
    SPRINT PCS -

Says if you have service it's 20 cents / kb ($20/ mb). Double check with this site.
    Oops ... that would be 2 cents / kb (20 cents / kb would be $204.80 / mb).

At $20/MB that would have to be some awfully important data that you must want.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Oops ... that would be 2 cents / kb (20 cents / kb would be $204.80 / mb).

At $20/MB that would have to be some awfully important data that you must want.
    Woops my bad, thanks for the correction.
    . , ? Punctuation, meet Brandon. Brandon, meet punctuation.
    Hmm, since the Caribbean is not part of the United States, it would be considered other "nations", therefore it would be international
    Territories of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US owns a good portion of the Caribbean. My guess he'll be going to one of the American territories, which would not make it international.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Territories of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US owns a good portion of the Caribbean. My guess he'll be going to one of the American territories, which would not make it international.
    WHAT?!?! I think the fact that the U.S. "owns a good portion of the Caribbean" would be news to The Bahamas, Cuba, Haiti, The Dominican Republic, Aruba, The Cayman Islands, Jamaica, etc.

Since you rely on Wikipedia, try this: Caribbean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for U.S. Territories, the U.S. "owns" the U.S. Virgin Islands and that's it...I don't think Puerto Rico falls into that category.
    yep sounds like whoever wrote the article doesnt know what commonwealth means
    Sorry but in Puerto Rico we are part of the United States!!!
    For CDMA devices it is pretty much voice service only. For $2.49 / minute.. hope it's an important call!
    Mind mind was gasping for breath by the time i got done reading your post...give a guy a comma at least!
    If you are within 100 feet of the boat your phone will only pick up the boats towers. It costs about $2 a minute (depends on the cruise line) to use the boats towers.

BTW, sprint considers the Caribbean international. Its gets even more expensive to use your phone in port.

Sprint does offer some International roaming packages. I would look into those if I were you or just keep your phone off like most people on cruises do.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011