1.    #1  
    I am, even though I know they are all ports of iphone games, it's annoying having to use your hands for on-screen controls that simply suck, in my opinion. I think Palm should encourage developers to create more Pre-specific games that are in portrait and use the keyboard for control entry.

What do you think?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    +1
    actually, i noticed that if you flip NFS over completely, you will force the game into portrait mode, and then it becomes basically impossible to steer.

haven't seen anyone on the forums mention that.

I agree, i would like a portrait mode on some of the games.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Step 1: Complain that the Pre doesn't have good games

Step 2: Complain that the new games aren't revolving around you.

You guys complain too much
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I am, even though I know they are all ports of iphone games, it's annoying having to use your hands for on-screen controls that simply suck, in my opinion. I think Palm should encourage developers to create more Pre-specific games that are in portrait and use the keyboard for control entry.

What do you think?
    I'd like to see games that utilize the keyboard but I doubt we'll see many if any quality 3D games from big developers that do mainly because creating one game and control scheme across several (well at least 2) platforms makes more financial sense then to develop specifically for the Pre which has such little grip on the market. On another note, as a fan of physical keyboards it pains me to say this but even a virtual joystick will win every time over keybindings for moving in a 3D space, it just makes more sense so a virtual joystick + button combo would work but still would mean playing in landscape.
    who the hell cares. At least we have 3d gaming! Gameloft doesn't care enough about the pre to make a different version for us and another version for the Iphone. Remember Gameloft sucks on Iphone's nuts since they are there biggest customers while our small pre community is only a small portion of their income.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcroft View Post
    Step 1: Complain that the Pre doesn't have good games

Step 2: Complain that the new games aren't revolving around you.

You guys complain too much
    +1

And My answer, NO. It works fine. Your talking like you want to go back to a standard TV. Next your going to complain that the Resolution is to high and using battery power. If you really feel that you want portrait then don't purchase the Landscape games. Then and ONLY then will the coders write for portrait.
    i agree with the title, but i also realize it is not going to change.

My complaint is more device specific, i dont have a problem with the landscape its just the pre is too tiny for me to comfortably hold it that way. If the phone was taller it would be a different story. but no need to cry over spilt milk, it is what it is
    Silly question, but: what's to stop someone from developing keyboard controls that work in landscape mode? It's not as if one is forced to close the keyboard when changing orientation, and the keyboard does keep working regardless.

Edit: Yes, I know, only one hand would have access to the keyboard. But, couldn't use be made of the keyboard nevertheless? Or is this just a really stupid post?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Hey, it's a smartphone first, games are just a secondary function of the phone. If you are so into games just carry a PSP or something similar that is dedicated to gaming. It's the same thing about the cameras in smartphones, people complain that the pictures that the smartphones take are not studio quaility. If you are going on vacation, buy a inexpensive point and shoot that you can carry aroung in your pocket, don't rely on your cell phone, geezzz.
  11.    #11  
    Valid points
    I'm cool with what we got, personally I think that the buttons are uncomfortable for longterm use.
    Yep........same with people who complain their cell music player sounds crappy. Um. It's a phone. Go buy an iPod if you want better sound.

Remember, too, the high-rez 3D games on both the iPhone and the Pre are originally ports from PC games, and designed for widescreen monitors.........in landscape. Would be a lot of pointless effort to completely recode the display orientation, along with all of the effects that you need to see in a game, just for one phone that isn't even a proven seller yet.

That, and all the other points.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Yep........same with people who complain their cell music player sounds crappy. Um. It's a phone. Go buy an iPod if you want better sound.
    not a valid point, times have already changed. Consumers want an all in one device and the first step towards that was media. Its unacceptable for a smartphone not to have a decent media player. Its been done well in past iterations (nokia music express, sony walkman phones, etc) but iPhone has made it a definite standard to have a decent media player built in, especially in smartphones. without that, a phone isnt even competition. seriously.

(note:: i dont hate the pre music player, think it sounds great, but needs improvement, my rant wasnt about the pre player. actually i havent touched my ipod touch since i got my pre, its in my car center console dead lol. Its just more convenient to have one device to carry around, this is what the people want)