Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    It gets me really really angry to see my phone like this. First the slider mechanic got stuck, when i managed to get it unstuck, the screen got this little white blur in the bottom left corner. Every time i touch there, it gets all purple, kind of when you press an LCD of a laptop. The worst thing is, this is my 3rd pre!!! My first one's volume keys broke, they replaced it. My second one got the usb crack and started acting all funny, like turning on by itself and ringing whenever he felt like it. 3rd one, well, u know the story I really love webOS and it's the only reason i've got a pre, cause it's build quality is !!!. Give me your opinions fellow Pre owners!
    3 launch day Pre's, still performing well, no screen cracks, no oreo's, no dead pixels, no nada.
    well thats good for you
    you anthropomorphized your phone. Interesting.
    you are a troll!!! I really dont get it,,,,,,who is dumb enough to stick with a phone if it happens after 3 times....i think twice is enough for me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    you are a troll!!! I really dont get it,,,,,,who is dumb enough to stick with a phone if it happens after 3 times....i think twice is enough for me!!
    This is supposed to be a place where people can ask for help. Although he wasn't specifically asking for help, the OP didn't sound at all like he was tryin' to start any trouble.
    This "troll" word has really been thrown around alot here lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    This is supposed to be a place where people can ask for help. Although he wasn't specifically asking for help, the OP didn't sound at all like he was tryin' to start any trouble.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    [QUOTE=05typesdc5;2224299][IMG]

LoL
    mines getting replaced on wednesday, for a broken camera, broken slider. and i baby mine
    bad batches happen. I had several... Why would anyone stick with any phone after 3???? Well guess you should be asking yourself out loud. Technically this is my 10th. I have no concern either, it's under warranty and backups possibilities have gotten better and better. I honestly think the pre is the best phone on the market currently ane worth the irritation on failure, for the daily and constant use of a device that does what I ask. The os has already evolved and will continue to. I would not say I am a palm ******, but I do know I think they have the best product out. Every cell company has issues with qc.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yeah its to bad there's a group of head hunters on this forum that attack anyone who sais anything bad about this device. Its a great device but the manufacturing sucks. You really don't have to be a genius to figure it out.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I just had to take my launch pre to be replaced because the keyboard became unresponsive. They gave me a refurb that has a wonderful bright orange spot on the left third of the screen. One the positive side, the keyboard works, on the negative..they supposedly had no other Pres in stock. Ugh.
    it is the largest octopus ever recorded.
    You guys go hardcore on your pre's, still on my first without any issues beyond a slightly lose slider, maybe i got a good one. But i totally get you guys, if mine broke down today id grab another without hesitation even with all the android hype.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    i hate android. it's an unintuitive mess.

i just spent the last hour on the phone with sprint trying to get another replacement for mine. i hope i don't end up in the "my launch device was perfect for 6 months, but now i've gone through 5 refurbs" boat that lots of folks seem to be hopping on. what a hassle.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Come on iPhone. I will throw my Pre into Tampa Bay just as soon as the iPhone comes to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophersky View Post
    Come on iPhone. I will throw my Pre into Tampa Bay just as soon as the iPhone comes to Sprint.
    haha, i wouldn't go back to an iphone if you paid me. yuck. i had my 3g since launch and webos is worlds more refined than iphone os.
  17. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    *bad batches happen. I had several... Why would anyone stick with any phone after 3???? Well guess you should be asking yourself out loud. **Technically this is my 10th. I have no concern either, it's under warranty and backups possibilities have gotten better and better. I honestly think the pre is the best phone on the market currently ane worth the irritation on failure, for the daily and constant use of a device that does what I ask. The os has already evolved and will continue to. ***I would not say I am a palm ******, but I do know I think they have the best product out. ****Every cell company has issues with qc.
    *Yes they do......but this has been a 9 month bad batch. And yes I understand that more people post problems/complaints than praise, but come on. Of all the forums for gadgets I have read over the past 10 years I have never seen this many complaints.

** 10 Pre's in 9 months......I believe we have chosen the founder of the "Pre of the Month Club". Product loyalty can only go so far IMO.

***I would say so.

****There are issues and then there are ISSUES. I'm thinking whoever is building the Pre for Palm is moonlighting at Toyota (or vice versa)

^^^

Oh snap there are others!

EDIT: Well said btw.
    The pre is a troll of a smartphone.
    What "high quality" device has to be replaced 5-10 times before getting one that's... well... okay?

trolly, trolly, trolly....

I says..... lol
    lol number 1 the 10th pre is because I had 6 refurb pres sent to me doa.

number 2 on the toyota digg there.... I can say my brother is an employee and I will say that toyota is a better car company than most. They volunteerally addressed this issue. They were not forced like many others have been.They are cutting accelerators for customers because all 12 accidents had floormats stacked. That's right matts over the factory ones. Yes they misjudged how fat americans are and didn't make the floormat hooks strong enough also. The .25 cent part to ''fix'' the accelorator is a shim so it won't have as much angle ability with a shorter petal. And the prius brake issue is a programming glitch that they have been reprogramming for months and submitted an official recall to inform the customers that do not bring their cars in for routine maintenance. Not that ford, chevy or dodge have every had a recall.
    now think for a second, does toyota make those parts and programming, or they made from suppliers??? Could other auto manufacturers have these parts/ programing in their cars???? Heres a hint, cross reference a few part numbers. Mr. Toyoda has disgraced his family name by these situations and is making it better. Sorry for the rant it just blows my mind how easily led the public is. Then again it's also the car manufacturer that hope and change owned when he was running and popular. Amazing what just words can accomplish.
    Palm prē-ist.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast