1.    #1  
    whenever I tap the icon to download the paid app, nothing will happen. i have a debit card to pay, so i'm wondering what's the problem
    What country do you live in?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  3.    #3  
    us
    Do you at least get some kind of error message?
    did you set up an account?
  7.    #7  
    no, and when I check accounts in the options, the screen goes grey and shows the loading symbol, but never loads
    Probably an issue with the Palm database. I had a somewhat similar issue earlier this week. Tried to download a game, was told I had to put a credit card in, fine. Not happy, I've always been able to just pop it on my bill, but whatever. Went through all the entries, figured out HOW they wanted it typed, clicked submit, got kicked right out. Took a couple of hours, off and on, to get the card to take in Palm's end.

Just keep trying every now and again. Not like rapidfire, one after the other, but maybe every half hour or so.
    I am having the same issue as well. Aaarg. Wanting to pick up Avatar.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the new contacts app, (free version), and liked it so much that within 5 mins., I tried to upgrade.... no joy. ;-(

...maybe 1.4? ;-) naw, prolly just a glitch in the system and it'll be back up in no time.
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhomie View Post
    I am having the same issue as well. Aaarg. Wanting to pick up Avatar.
    Same here. I've never had a problem with the App Catalog until tonight. Perhaps their server that handles accounts is down. Maybe they've harnessed all their server power towards pushing out the 1.4 update
    Maybe the device is just a "smart phone" and has decided you have had enough and is cutting you off from purchasing privileges!

But in all honesty if the issue just cropped up try giving it 24 hours and try again to see if the problem persists.

I'm saying all this assuming of course you have done the BEST troubleshooting step there is and that is a simple restart.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Same here. I've never had a problem with the App Catalog until tonight. Perhaps their server that handles accounts is down. Maybe they've harnessed all their server power towards pushing out the 1.4 update
    My problem seems to have been corrected. I assume it was a server issue on Palm's side. Hopefully you're all back up and running too.
    Hi, been trying to purchase apps but when i try to set up my account it asks for a credit card as i only have a debit card it won,t allow me to proceed maybe this is your problem also. pity they don,t give a paypal option. anyone have any thoughts on this?
  15. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt63 View Post
    Hi, been trying to purchase apps but when i try to set up my account it asks for a credit card as i only have a debit card it won,t allow me to proceed maybe this is your problem also. pity they don,t give a paypal option. anyone have any thoughts on this?
    The app store will accept debit cards, but only Mastercard or Visa branded ones.
    I Have a Visa debit card not a credit card as there are no other options other than credit card i am stumped and cant purchase apps,, dont really want to take out a credit card just for purchasing apps. is there any other way given that location is UK.
  17. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I Have a Visa debit card not a credit card as there are no other options other than credit card i am stumped and cant purchase apps,, dont really want to take out a credit card just for purchasing apps. is there any other way given that location is UK.
    I understand that the app catalog requests a credit card, but have you tried entering your Visa debit card info as if it were a credit card? It's my understanding that doing so would work for you.
    My Santander Visa Debit card works for me in the UK. I think I remember it asking me for a credit card but if you just give the debit card details it will work.