Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I'm having the same issue. I thought I was just not used to the keyboard yet, but it happens EVERY TIME I send out an email or write in any text. It's to the point where after I write a word I look at the screen to make sure double letters didn't show.

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue, if it was software, wouldn't Sprint Pre's being going through the same thing? Unless they have a different factory and different enough parts in the makings of a Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yyandrew View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue, if it was software, wouldn't Sprint Pre's being going through the same thing? Unless they have a different factory and different enough parts in the makings of a Pre Plus.
    It could be at least somewhat of a software issue if at least part of the cause of the double letters is poor debouncing code. In case you don't know, this is the code that tells the Pre to wait a bit after an initial keypress before registering another one. Without this the key can make contact more than once per keystroke and every "bounce" would be registered as a new letter. It's possible that Palm just needs to increase the wait time in that code. I don't thnk it would do much for the missed letters, though.

And yes, the keyboards on the Pre and Pre Plus seem to be fairly different.
    Seems to be hardware. Just replaced my whole unit at Verizon. The replacement works perfect. No keyboard issues. **(Mine is a Pre Plus)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'd agree it's probably hardware. 5-6 good, firm mashes on my i and o keys seem to have fixed it. Those were the only keys that had the problem for me.
    Get a Pixi. Best phone I've ever owned. No problems with the keyboard.
    I had this problem with my pre plus almost every txt or E-mail that I wrote. Mostly with O and E keys. I turned it in on the last day of 30 day grace period. Best thing I ever did. I have not had one repeat of this issue with my new Pre Plus device. Recommend this route if you still are within the warranty period.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Yeah I just put up another post saying it was getting worse and I just did what GUNNole said, in the memo app, and since texting my friend haven't had any problems...and the problem would occur VERY VERY frequently. *knocks on wood* Hope it stays that way!
    The double-typing issue was finally enough for me to swap my Pre Plus while I was still under the 30 days. I've had the replacement for a couple of weeks now and the problem has not returned. Once in a blue moon I get a double character but it is extremely rare.
    Agreed, the double typing was too much...I traded for the Pixi. That keyboard just is awesome. But I couldn't get past the smaller screen so back to the Pre. No problems at all on this new Pre.
    I bought mine from the Verizon rep over the phone. Can I still go into any store and do an exchange? Mine gives me double or missing letters all the time. Was it a hassle to exchange?
    Check out my ZDNet blog at http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/ and my SPE site http://nokiaexperts.com
    bought mine over the phone too...took it to our "official" Verizon store here in town. No problems. Just have your receipt if you can.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I bought mine online and had no problem returning it without my receipt. They have all the info they need on their computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ffac789 View Post
    Yeah I just put up another post saying it was getting worse and I just did what GUNNole said, in the memo app, and since texting my friend haven't had any problems...and the problem would occur VERY VERY frequently. *knocks on wood* Hope it stays that way!
    +2 (so far so good) thx!
    I too am having this problem. I find it ridiculous that after having purchased Palm in the first place when they ditched the keyboard and made an organizer useful (Palm Pilot) and after swallowing my anger and being forced to endure a keyboard on my fourth Palm product (Palm 700p) that now the keyboard has gotten crappier! I am on the verge of returning this (an insurance replacement Palm is coming in the post tomorrow) phone and waiting it out for either more improvements (six months?) or ditching Palm after having used it since 1994!!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Paul View Post
    I too am having this problem. I find it ridiculous that after having purchased Palm in the first place when they ditched the keyboard and made an organizer useful (Palm Pilot) and after swallowing my anger and being forced to endure a keyboard on my fourth Palm product (Palm 700p) that now the keyboard has gotten crappier! I am on the verge of returning this (an insurance replacement Palm is coming in the post tomorrow) phone and waiting it out for either more improvements (six months?) or ditching Palm after having used it since 1994!!
    I have a solution to your problem: just leave the keyboard hidden where you can't see it

Graphiti was really cool, though.
    I had this problem with my first Pre Plus. I returned it to Best Buy on the 29th day, and got a new one. It worked great until about a week ago. Now I've got all sorts of double letters going on. I'm past Best Buy's 30 day window, so I'm not sure what to do now. I purchased from Best Buy because they don't charge a restocking fee like Verizon does, and I wasn't sure I'd like the phone. I love the phone - when the keyboard works!
    This issue was addressed with the latest webOS update. Please update your device to the latest version.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234