1.    #1  
    Hello.

I have a pay as you go 02 sim, and cannot get past the Profile page. Is there a hack of some sort that can just let me bypass this profile sign up for the UK 02 version?

Thanks.
    hello and welcome to the forums

why dont you just make a profile? its free.
    OR are you saying you cant make a profile?
    OR is it just that you dont want to make a profile?

how is your new device? any just out of curiosity have you any issues with build ?
  3.    #3  
    Well, from what I have read, by default, it is setup to use the 02 settings on contract to connect, not the 02 pay as you go settings. So I would need someone with a 02 sim that is on a monthly contract to register, to get past this palm profile screen, and then I should be OK with the pay as you go sim as it has been setup.

Problem is I don't know anyone on a 02 contract. So if anyone can point me in the direction to maybe customize a WebOS image to bypass this altogether, would be great. it's a UK mobile.
    With 1.3.5 activation and creation of profile with Wifi and Metadoctor does not work for some reason or other. Rod Whitby confirms this. You can however bypass activation and use the phone if you wish (you have to edit the Makefile settings)
    I suspect it has something to do with the phone needing to send out an SMS during activation and ?profile creation.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    When the creation or log in fails, you are presented possibility to add custom APN (data settings)

Just add:

APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
    Username: payandgo
    Password: password

It should work
    Hi,

I have the same issue. New Pre (locked to O2). I have an O2 pay-monthly SIM from my iPhone but it wont let me past the palm profile screen. I have already tried entering my iPhone APN:

APN: idata.o2.co.uk
    Username: vertigo

This did not work.

Can anyone help please?
    Quote Originally Posted by mswbull View Post
    Hi,

I have the same issue. New Pre (locked to O2). I have an O2 pay-monthly SIM from my iPhone but it wont let me past the palm profile screen. I have already tried entering my iPhone APN:

APN: idata.o2.co.uk
    Username: vertigo

This did not work.

Can anyone help please?
    Can you clatify please what exactly does not go?
    Your phone can't connect to the network or what?
    Create an google account, then use the email for the profile activation, it should let it go.
    Finally they fixed Firefox to open new tabs next to the active tab LOL!
    I am trying to flash a Sprint Palm Pre to Cricket but after I reset the phone, it wants me to set up a "PALM PROFILE". I cannot get past this step, which seems to be necessary to get into the menu of the phone. When I attempt to set up a profile, I get a error message saying "I must be connected to my service providers network to connect".
    Just wondering how I can get around this Palm Profile setup process or at least find out how to set up a profile successfully.
    Any help is very much appreciated!! Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leanne31 View Post
    I am trying to flash a Sprint Palm Pre to Cricket but after I reset the phone, it wants me to set up a "PALM PROFILE". I cannot get past this step, which seems to be necessary to get into the menu of the phone. When I attempt to set up a profile, I get a error message saying "I must be connected to my service providers network to connect".
    Just wondering how I can get around this Palm Profile setup process or at least find out how to set up a profile successfully.
    Any help is very much appreciated!! Thanks
    You must use meta doctor to bypass the first use app. I have a doctor for Sprint Pre that bypasses the first use app, but I do not know if it'll work for Cricket. PM me if you are interested.

Edit: The reason being is after you activate the phone you must update the network settings to finally get a network connection. Without it, you can't connect to a network. I suggest flashing back to Sprint, activating the phone back on Sprint and then flashing it back without doctoring the phone and activating, updating network settings, and then doctoring it if you need.
    Hi,
    Recently I bought Palm Pre (Unlocked) from amazon UK. But Pre was not activated when I'm going to use it in Sri Lanka. But I managed to by pass the profile creation screen with the help of Meta-Doctor. Now I can access applications, make calls, etc.. using phone but still cannot create a palm profile (using Wifi). Every time it "Profile Creation Failed" msg. I used webOS version 1.4.5 to flash & model is P100UEU.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong ? or what are the steps I need to follow to create new profile.

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    netbirds, can you install Impostah via preware and try to activate through Impostah? Please see what error it gives out.