1.    #1  
    How many here will be using Google's New Social network interface BUZZ?

Once Google works out the kinks will BUZZ replace or be the Next FB?

Google Buzz Abandons Auto-Following Amid Privacy Concerns
    Well, I've linked it with Twitter, so I update it often. It all depends on whether my friends decide to use it really. I actually like it, I think it's a much better version of Twitter. It won't replace Facebook though.

I wish it didn't do the freaky location based services though... privacy nightmare - sure you can turn it off, but it makes a lot of people think twice about using Buzz at all.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Well, I've linked it with Twitter, so I update it often. It all depends on whether my friends decide to use it really. I actually like it, I think it's a much better version of Twitter. It won't replace Facebook though.

I wish it didn't do the freaky location based services though... privacy nightmare - sure you can turn it off, but it makes a lot of people think twice about using Buzz at all.
    I agree that is a major issue, Google has changed some settings & options.

I needs some fixing before I will use it. Thanks for your feedback
    I also use it in the sense that I use Twitter. I think it's good for what it does, it allows my contacts to post things if they wish and I may comment on them, same for me. IMO, it's more of a if it's there and there's an interesting buzz kind of thing. Not something vital I would use to communicate with everyone since the people you could talk to are very limited. Like, I'd reply to my friends or read their shared items on it, but it's not a big tool or as interesting to me as Twitter.

ETA: Basically, it works as a conglomerate of statuses and shared items to me, and as such, can't replace anything because it doesn'twork wthout them. Plus, it's completely tied up with your email (since it is your Google ID) and I'd rather not share it to have access to other people's buzzes or let anyone who has it have the ability to try and follow me. This is one of the reasons I delisted from and finally left Facebook.
    Last edited by malpha; 02/15/2010 at 04:37 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I also use it in the sense that I use Twitter. I think it's good for what it does, it allows my contacts to post things if they wish and I may comment on them, same for me. IMO, it's more of a if it's there and there's an interesting buzz kind of thing. Not something vital I would use to communicate with everyone since the people you could talk to are very limited. Like, I'd reply to my friends or read their shared items on it, but it's not a big tool or as interesting to me as Twitter.

ETA: Basically, it works as a conglomerate of statuses and shared items to me, and as such, can't replace anything because it doesn'twork wthout them. Plus, it's completely tied up with your email (since it is your Google ID) and I'd rather not share it to have access to other people's buzzes or let anyone who has it have the ability to try and follow me. This is one of the reasons I delisted from and finally left Facebook.
    I don't use facebook becaus eit is intrusive in that way. I did create an alias FB ID just so I can log in and see what my close friends and family are up to.

th eintegration with the gmail may keep me from usng BUZZ
    I don't like it. Google is to worried about making your information public. I like the extra controls I have over my own privacy on facebook.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    I don't like it. Google is to worried about making your information public. I like the extra controls I have over my own privacy on facebook.
    They've done some good changes to the privacy settings lately. They definitely messed things up at release.