1.    #1  
    preware wont allow me to remove my theme it keeps saying app catalog installation in progress and to try again later.
    I have already searched or this error and went ahead and put the commands through terminal and it is saying that the app install service is not running.
    how can i get it running again.
    i doctored my phone about 2 weeks ago and dont want to do it again.
    Also i did not have this problem until i updated preware and package manager service this morning.
    This is the link i got my info from. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-progress.html
    i tried both suggestions and no difference.
    I'm having the same problem trying to update to preware 9.25, never had a issue before.
    I have the same issue but mine goes as far as showing a blank app installing and I can't pause or delete it it's been like this for two weeks now and still I can't figure out what's going on. I'd like to know what to do sense I beleave that the theme and patches bothe have to be removed to do an update. Some one please help us.
  4.    #4  
    bump
  5.    #5  
    guess ill try and reinstall preware and pms.
  6.    #6  
    well there you go it worked. screw terminal and troubleshooting just delete and reinstall. Im just glad these doc visits are free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjschultz1996 View Post
    I have the same issue but mine goes as far as showing a blank app installing and I can't pause or delete it it's been like this for two weeks now and still I can't figure out what's going on. I'd like to know what to do sense I beleave that the theme and patches bothe have to be removed to do an update. Some one please help us.
    This stuck blank app in "My Applications" is what I am experiencing too. I can't download anything at all : ( Anybody know how to fix this?
    By the way...this is my first real problem with my beloved launch day pre
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxpre View Post
    preware wont allow me to remove my theme it keeps saying app catalog installation in progress and to try again later.
    I have already searched or this error and went ahead and put the commands through terminal and it is saying that the app install service is not running.
    how can i get it running again.
    i doctored my phone about 2 weeks ago and dont want to do it again.
    Also i did not have this problem until i updated preware and package manager service this morning.
    This is the link i got my info from. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-progress.html
    i tried both suggestions and no difference.
    Preware 0.9.26 fixes this. It seems that the App Catalog is incorrectly reporting that an app removal is in progress in some strange circumstances. We have worked out how to identify whether the information that the App Catalog is reporting is true or not, and have updated Preware to ignore the false reports.

You may need to use WebOS Quick Install 3.01 or later to reinstall Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals