Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    What is the default webOS naming system for photos? My prior cell phone camera named photos by date and time taken. I think the format was something like “021510_1335.jpg” Indicating Feb. 15, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

The Palm Centro format is “pic_021510_001” So it names photos by date, but just adds a running count of 001+ for pics taken on the same date with no actual time mark in the file name.

Does the Palm Pre use that same format or something completely different? (For those who are old enough, I find myself thinking of Monty Python after that last question -- humming out the Liberty Bell March in my head as I type this out.)
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    it just has a single numbering system, but there is a patch to add the date and time to the filename! So much better!

if you install it, you will see what I mean, wink,wink, nudge, nudge!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    if you install it, you will see what I mean, wink,wink, nudge, nudge!
    Say no more, say no more!
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    yeah i use the patch, i hated the way it was before at least now i know what date the picture was taken for future references.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Don't know if you got your answer satisfied, or if I'm off base, but the formats I've seen on all my Pre-derived pictures have been named CIMGxxxx, where the x = a set of four numbers.
    After webOS 1.4 update, my Pre has been randomly resetting the photo names. Example: Last pic taken is named CIMG0500. I transfer and delete CIMG0101 through CIMG0300. The next pic I take becomes CIMG0105 instead of CIMG0501. What's going on here?

I haven't installed any patches to my Pre since original launch. If I install the patch for photo naming, would I need to uninstall and reinstall for the next webOS update?

Thanks in advance!
    Never mind. I found the "[3 patches] Improved Camera Photo Filenames" thread and will try to figure it out from there.
    there are threads on it, but the file naming the pre uses causes problems. I took like 40 pictures at a recent camping trip got home and discovered half of them were gone. I searched here and found for some reason the numbering system the Pre uses causes (sometimes) to save images over one and other. The patch corrects that issue.