Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys. I was under the impression that Sprint Navigation was included on Pre's under Sprint Service. I've been using it since I got the fone in June and it's been great. Booted it up the other day only to get an error that it's expired. Is this normal? I wasn't aware that it was a trial, if so.

Thanks in advance.
    Something is wrong with your phone or your service.

Sprint Navigation is part of any data package that is required with the Pre

Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV

Id call Sprint and ask what the problem is for your device
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

ya something seems off you should contact sprint or go to sprint store. You should have it. Sprint nav is so good they won't discontinue it. And it's included. So ya just go to a store or call them. Seems like there is an issue.
    Yea the same happened to me on thursday last week.

I was lost in downtown Atlanta and SprintNav kept saying it was expired.
    Had to use Googlemaps to find my way home with no turn-by-turn...

I guess ill stop by the sprint store this afternoon.
    My brother had this happen, ended up having to go to Sprint and after an HR they wiped the phone clean and it worked. He had to log back in and lost his pictures and music as a result.
    Here is the scoop: I talked with Sprint tech support today. Apparently Sprint recently changed the policy on the Employee and Advantage Club accounts and now there is a $10/month fee for the package of Sprint TV, Sprint Music, and Sprint Navigation. They just yanked the rug right out from under us with not so much as a text message to let us know what they did to us. Leave it to the customers to figure out on their own why their stuff doesn't work. Thanks a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by gomer View Post
    Here is the scoop: I talked with Sprint tech support today. Apparently Sprint recently changed the policy on the Employee and Advantage Club accounts and now there is a $10/month fee for the package of Sprint TV, Sprint Music, and Sprint Navigation. They just yanked the rug right out from under us with not so much as a text message to let us know what they did to us. Leave it to the customers to figure out on their own why their stuff doesn't work. Thanks a lot.

Explain how that works?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    It must apply to some folks on a special plan.

I used it yesterday, and as usual it blew my Garmin Nuvi out of the water. ;-)
    Same problem happen to me the other day, and then magical it came back

Also the other phone on my family plan never saw any interruption?

***>????
    So gomer is high?
    i wouldnt be complaining if i was on a 20 dollar plan to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapTrick View Post
    So gomer is high?
    no, he's not high. it's in the terms of a "special" plan available to friends and family of employee's. Nav and some other things are a 10 dollar a month add on.

Advantage Club Rate Plan Details
    Monthly Access Fee

$20.00

$35.00

$50.00

$99.99 Simply Everything
    Anytime Minutes

Unlimited
    Nights & Weekend Minutes

Start at 7 pm and are unlimited

Sprint | Welcome to Sprint Wireless Advantage Club
    Boo. I was wondering why mine wasn't working.
    i have the 69 unlimited plan and my nav. works fine??? i dont understand ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    What about the employee thing, I am beyond confused now.
    i have the employee discount as well so ..... idk ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Employee as in you work for Sprint.
    Essentially, the plan affected is the "old" Sprint plan I used to have. The only things included were voice minutes, a number of text messages, and limited internet. I think they went to unlimited web before I switched phones and plans. GPS, TV, all of that stuff was an extra charge, and you paid more for more texts. If I remember right, I got like 200 texts with my base contract. When they went to the Simply Everything plans, I happened to have connection issues, had to call tech support. Initially, they tried to get me to switch plans, but after jumping up a few levels in tech support, they put me on the "emloyee plan", essentially leaving me where I was to begin with. If you called to end your service at the end of your contract, and were offered a special low price to stay, that's what you got.

I could be smoking something good, there, but that's what happened with me three years ago or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Employee as in you work for Sprint.
    Thanks for the clarification
    I'm on the employee referral plan:

Everything Plus 500
    $59.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    500 Anytime Minutes
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime
    Unlimited Sms Text Messaging
    Unlimited Picture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Sprint Data Pack
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail
    Monthly charge for service plan $59.99 Plan
    add-ons for xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Picture Mail Included
    Nights and weekends starting at 7pm Included
    Sprint Service Included
    Any Mobile, AnytimeSM Included
    Sprint Navigation Included

Just checked online, and no changes. I'm confused.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast