Voicemail
    Monthly charge for service plan $59.99 Plan
    add-ons for xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Picture Mail Included
    Nights and weekends starting at 7pm Included
    Sprint Service Included
    Any Mobile, AnytimeSM Included
    Sprint Navigation Included

Just checked online, and no changes. I'm confused.
    its
    not
    the
    same
    thing

i already posted the plan details, along with a link to what we are talking about.
    Yeah, the link you posted is an updated version of what I got put on awhile back. Now that I think about it, it was probably over four years ago. They can, and do, put people on the Advantage plan at a discounted rate, rather than lose the customer entirely. In my case, I kept everything my old plan had, at a reduced rate, instead of forcing me to a higher cost plan when I was already unhappy with the service.
    so i lied before, i'm still having this issue, and now its spread to the other phone on my family plan.

I didn't change my plan in anyway and i'm not on the employee plan.

Called tech support but it didn't help. About to call them again and get advance help ;-(
    Quote Originally Posted by randompre21 View Post
    so i lied before, i'm still having this issue, and now its spread to the other phone on my family plan.

I didn't change my plan in anyway and i'm not on the employee plan.

Called tech support but it didn't help. About to call them again and get advance help ;-(
    This is the first sad winking emoticon that I have ever seen.
    i had this happen to me. took my phone into Sprint Store. Guy called a number, they did something, he reset my phone...and then it gave me some other different type of error where the Navigation wouldnt even load up

the Sprint guy said there was a problem with my actual phone and that it was easier to just order me a new one so he did so right there. Went and picked it up today.

brand new Pre after 6 months! iunno if that is standard to just get a new Pre, but worth a shot to take it into the store.

EDIT: on the standard/minimum Pre Data plan FWIW
    Quote Originally Posted by gomer View Post
    Here is the scoop: I talked with Sprint tech support today. Apparently Sprint recently changed the policy on the Employee and Advantage Club accounts and now there is a $10/month fee for the package of Sprint TV, Sprint Music, and Sprint Navigation. They just yanked the rug right out from under us with not so much as a text message to let us know what they did to us. Leave it to the customers to figure out on their own why their stuff doesn't work. Thanks a lot.
    oh...that explains why it stopped. I am on the advantage club.
    My bill is around $20 a month. too bad. $10+ for nav, hmm.
    I think ill just stick with google maps for now.
    I just had the same problem on my pre (I'm not getting any kind of employee discount)... plus the other phones (all pres) on the account haven't had issues either. I talked to Sprint and TeleNav (neither were the slightest bit helpful)... then figured I was going to have to take it to a sprint store. Before I did, I did a partial erase to see if that would fix it and it did. Everything reloaded (the backup worked great and brought all my apps back) and when I started the navigation app, it ran like it did the first time I used it.

If you should have it and are having this problem... try this first... way easier than dealing with the service people on the phone.
    ^^ Just noticed your post. I would try partial erase first to minimize the hurt ;-(

Solved this issue as well. I did a full restore on my phone, NOT USING WEBOS DOCTOR

Using > device info> reset options> full erase. :-(

You should of course backup all your contacts. After erasing my phone, Navigation and Sprint TV worked fine.

I was also surprised how palm backed up all the apps i downloaded through the app store. Sadly it doesn't work with the preware apps, but saved me tons of time anyway. Also saved al of my Notes as well.

I would say 95% of my contacts imported in fine. Not sure about the calander and other stuff.

Anyways problem solved for me.
    I am not on the special plan that is causing the issue for some of you. Im having a problem where when I go to set a route I get an error message that says my subscription has ended, call telenav at 88.telenav.4. I called them and they couldnt help me, called sprint and they claimed that they fixed the issue and telenav had fixed the problem, but im still getting the same error message.

Im thinking about removing patches to see if that helps it, my question is, would a doctoring be needed or would a simple epr do the trick. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    I ha ent gotten the same message as all of you. My message says that the navigation system hasn't been initialized yet I can use the maps component of the Sprint Navigation system, but it won't do the turn by turn directions. It did when my phne came with web os 1.2.1 but aftet the update, the Sprint Navigation hasn't worked. I have been through four Pre since Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by randompre21 View Post
    ^^ Just noticed your post. I would try partial erase first to minimize the hurt ;-(

Solved this issue as well. I did a full restore on my phone, NOT USING WEBOS DOCTOR

Using > device info> reset options> full erase. :-(

You should of course backup all your contacts. After erasing my phone, Navigation and Sprint TV worked fine.

I was also surprised how palm backed up all the apps i downloaded through the app store. Sadly it doesn't work with the preware apps, but saved me tons of time anyway. Also saved al of my Notes as well.

I would say 95% of my contacts imported in fine. Not sure about the calander and other stuff.

Anyways problem solved for me.
    I have been getting the "your account has expired" for two days, been driving me insane! I managed to save contacts but lost preware/downloaded apps, but to be honest the phone service itself (My sprint unlimited plan) uninterrupted is worth more than toys on my phone.

Thanks
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    There's a definite problem on Telenav's side (who provides the service for Sprint). I've been trying to troubleshoot the issue with them since December 16th now.... Long story short (at least in my case), Telenav's servers are showing my account as expired even though Sprint shows it's not. No matter what Sprint does to my account (re-provision it, remove the plan and replace it, etc.), it doesn't update on Telenav's servers, and no matter what Telenav does (hijack the account, add a temporary extension, create a brand new account altogether) nothing works either.

I've spoken extensively with both Sprint and Telenav advanced care support, and everyone is stumped by it all. The strangest part is that they had me flash the phone (this is an extreme wipe which not only acts like a WebOS doctor or full erase, but also resets the account on their servers), and that got the app working again on the phone, but Telenav STILL shows the account as being expired even though it's working on the phone for me now! The only reason this is still an issue for me is because my staff at work routinely uses the Telenav website to enter addresses for where I'm traveling for work, and that hasn't work since December 16th because they're still showing my account as being expired.

If any of your problems were caused by the same issue (whatever that may be) as mine was, flashing the phone should get the app working again on the phone, but if you need access to the website (which I know most people probably never use), you're out of luck until Telenav figures out what is causing it. They have NO idea as of now what's causing this issue, but they do know the issue lies on their end. I'll post back when they finally figure this out. I hope all this detail helps someone out there....

Update: Telenav figured out that there was an issue with the cache on their server related to my account for some reason. When they cleared their cache, and I had to flash the phone again that fixed the problem...Pretty ironic that support always advises callers to clear their cache, but they failed to do the same ;-)
    Last edited by ay; 01/19/2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Update
    Well since I had WebOS quick install on the desktop I reinstalled a few apps, all is still working.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12