1.    #1  
    Including Home Brew, have we hit 2,000 Apps?? And a few other things!

I believe that when PRE programs hit a critical mass, then the number of programs will come pouring in.

What I mean by Critical Mass, is that when there are a large enough pool of APPS, more companies will take the platform seriously. At that point, many companies and/or programers that have sat on the sidelines, will get interested!

In my opinion that will take a few things, including putting out the next generation of the Pre. (I know a number of Iphone users, who are looking for a bettery phone and who wan tot get away from AT& T).

The Issues mentioned in the reviews the most often, seem to include:

1. short battery life.
    2. poor quality control.
    3. better calender, (which is a strange issue to me, since Palm invented the field).
    4. Palm must find a better way of letting the Pre, sync with Itunes, yet not P.O. off apple, (to me this is a minor issue, since I listen to talking books via the Library of Congress' talking book library's National Library Service, (these will not play on any conventional player such as Ipod, iphone, zune, etc. So I have to carry a Victor Reader Reader Stream).

I have made no secret that I want a Pre when my contract is up with my Centro in Oct. Keeping that in mind, I called Palm, for what ever it is worth and tried to light a bunsen burner under their rear end about the calender.

After all, at one point DateBK came with the Treo. Now, I know the DateBK people say, they are not inclined to write for the WebOS platform. However, I think a contract offer from Palm would do the trick.

Palm was fast to say that you can use DateBK with the Pre under classic mode. However, I resent having to buy a 2010 Pre while using an opperating system that Palm has junked. They also said that I can use the calender from Facebook, etc. However, I do not use any of those. I have been a loyal fan of Palm for years and and on my 4th incarnation of Palm, Treo 300, 600, 650 & Centro. Shouldn't loyality be rewarded with a calender of the quality of DateBK 6, either by cutting a deal with dateBK, or making a calender of their own, which is up to DateBK's snuf?

They gave me a case number, but I do not expect much to happen.

I did however read that WebOS 1.4 is going to update the calender, as well as once again addressing battery life.

I am with V, by the time that my contract is up, Sprint will more than likely have the PRE II. I hope that they will use a processor that is much kinder to battery life. I would think the real issue is not battery life as it is, in using a processor that uses less juice. The Pre will never be as fuel effiecient as the Iphone, simply b/c one can have so many apps open amd therefore people do.

That brings me to two issues to ask:

In a few days when WebOS 1.4 hits the airwaves, please can someone tell me if it is better for battery life and is the calender finally up to Palm standards?

One other thing botters me, but this is a bone to pick with V not Palm. If I am not mistaken Android phones, have FREE GPS with V, but the Pre does not, (only free with Sprint).

No matter how you slice it, V is charging $30 more for the same coverage and services that Sprint is offering. Then the only other reason I have for staying with V, is the fact that Sprint has crummy customer serice, (which so many of you have said, has gotten much better).

No matter what cell service I am with I will need a signal booster at home. Now with V the unit is $200 and cuts into your monthly minutes. Now V did give me the signal booster for FREE, but they woudl not waive the issue of eating into my minutes. Now Sprint will give me the Airave for free and waive the monthly fee, (V has no such fee), but it will not eat into my minutes. So I see less and less reasons, to stay with V.

For me, now the big issue is what Palm is going to do, when and if there is a next generation of Pre with Sprint.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post

One other thing botters me, but this is a bone to pick with V not Palm. If I am not mistaken Android phones, have FREE GPS with V, but the Pre does not, (only free with Sprint).

No matter how you slice it, V is charging $30 more for the same coverage and services that Sprint is offering. Then the only other reason I have for staying with V, is the fact that Sprint has crummy customer serice, (which so many of you have said, has gotten much better).

No matter what cell service I am with I will need a signal booster at home. Now with V the unit is $200 and cuts into your monthly minutes. Now V did give me the signal booster for FREE, but they woudl not waive the issue of eating into my minutes. Now Sprint will give me the Airave for free and waive the monthly fee, (V has no such fee), but it will not eat into my minutes. So I see less and less reasons, to stay with V.
    Being how Vzw is more open then they were not too long ago, I'm inclined to think that if Google were to port their Maps Navigation software to WebOS Vzw wouldn't mind. Once of course Palm finishes their complete SDK (w/ PDK). As with the benefits of having an Android device is that they (the customers) get to try out anything Google comes up with first (and sometimes the iPhone, if Apple allows, given their marketshare). So that's something that comes with the whole Android ecosystem, very tight Google services integration. Within time I hope Google shows the same amount of love to WebOS as they do to iPhone OS and Android because I prefer WebOS more than the rest even though I have a Droid now.

Also I agree with 1,2, and 3 of the issues you mentioned above... I could care less about 4 but I know it's important to a lot of people.
    Last edited by Krod301; 02/15/2010 at 09:58 AM.
    your avatar of a dog running is too distracting for me to read what you wrote. so ill just agree that .....

I see your dog and raise you a bunny!!!
  4.    #4  
    So sorry, but since I no longer have a REAL dog, I thought I would have a virtual dog! LOL. Thanks for the info, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    your avatar of a dog running is too distracting for me to read what you wrote. so ill just agree that .....

I see your dog and raise you a bunny!!!
    i see your bunny with pancake on his head and raise you bunny with waffle on hi head
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...erformance.jpg
  6.    #6  
    Sorry I will stick to my running dog!
    I have had only great experiences with Sprint. You should definitely try it out with the 30 day trial and then judge for yourself. It's also the best deal price wise.
  8.    #8  
    Hi, I think so too.....about Sprint that is!

Does anyone have a guess on # of apps now. I would think it is ateast 1500 by now! take care, Jay