Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just saw Verizon Palm Pre + commercial on TV. Nothing about mentioning MOMS!!!! lol. like it a lot. Finally Verizon is putting out commercials!
    Now they just need to mention dads, bachelors, bachelorettes, eunuchs, gays, lesbians, straights, and smart monkeys and they will have the market covered!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

Cool.
    I like it. Simple, straight to the point, and showed off some cool features. That whole mom thing was probably for valentines day (I hope).

They even got their youtube page dressed up with Pre+ and Pixi+ designs.

YouTube - VerizonWireless's Channel
    yesterday a Pre ad was on for verizon and the notification sound was played and I swear I looked at my phone
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I love the ad. Might palm rid itself of frightening TV presence at long last?
    Much better. It talked about the design, more memory and it shows cards being flipped through and maximized and notifications along with integration. Multitasking was shown but it may not be clear to alot of viewers that what they were seeing was multitasking. So I think there needs to be a commercial that provides a more closeup look at multitasking. If that is done I think that all the commercial bases would have been covered.

Verizon commercials seem to really strike a cord with viewers. I think that by having the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus on V before ATT will ultimately help in the long run. ATT doesn't have anywhere near the advertising prowess that V does. So when the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus reach ATT I bet more people on ATT will know about the phones before ATT even advertises the phones. Which is a good thing b/c ATT probably won't advertise the heck out of it. But potential buyers on ATT will be aware so if they walk into a ATT store in May looking to purchase a smartphone they may ask for to see the Pre Plus or Pixi Plus b/c the V advertising made them aware.

The Sprint advertising or lack there of really didn't resonate the way the V ads do.
    Last edited by playboy; 02/15/2010 at 09:23 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Better than what we've seen but still not nearly as good as it could be. You have to show that its multitouch (important), show the multitasking and highlight a few apps such as browser, games, messenging.
    Definitely a nice ad.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    yesterday a Pre ad was on for verizon and the notification sound was played and I swear I looked at my phone
    While watching Fox's Sunday night lineup that commercial ran multiple times, every time I checked my phone. Phone ring tones are right up there with car horn noises with things that shouldn't be in commercials(car horn noises being more of an issue on the radio).
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    LOL...i have that done myself...when they started to air mom commercials.
    Finally! A step in the right direction. If they continue with this, each new commercial will show a snippet of a feature of the phone. Much like Iphone did early on. I really hope they go down this path.
    Definitely a change for the better, the simulated images still make it look horrible though
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    'Plus' is a clever way of showing off the phone capabilities. Maybe even catchy.
    Definitely better. Hope they continue on this path...agree that there are features that still need to be shown off better, but this is a good start.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Much better but. They should also show some 3d gaming along with multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeta View Post
    While watching Fox's Sunday night lineup that commercial ran multiple times, every time I checked my phone. Phone ring tones are right up there with car horn noises with things that shouldn't be in commercials(car horn noises being more of an issue on the radio).
    Worse is music that has in it or sounds close to a siren. Gets me every time in the car.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    none of these youtube links work for me....says "this youtube video cannot be found"

can anyone post a current link?

I even checked in the verizon channel and it wouldn't show up either
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    It's on youtube but haven't been coded for mobile phones yet. There's always a delay.
    They need one like the Old Spice commercial. "I'm a guy on a boat with a phone. Look at me I'm on a horse."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast