1.    #1  
    I have had a strange issue pop up with universal search over the last few weeks. Normally when you start typing the Pre will pop of the search screen and locate any apps that match or it will allow the normal, Google, Google Maps, Wikipedia and Twitter search.

For some reason the search function stops working and when you type on the keyboard the launcher pops up with whatever was the last page viewed.

This seems to be random and can occur after after a Luna reboot or Full reset.

My Pre is patched and have went through removing several on the Launcher related patches but nothing has solved the problem.

I attached two sample pictures. The first is when the Pre search is working correctly and the second the results you get when you type "Hello"

Anyone else seen this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    have you removed all your launcher patches? Have you pulled the battery as well?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    have you removed all your launcher patches? Have you pulled the battery as well?
    Yes, had done this before posting. I am wondering if it may be an app limit issue.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Don't think it is an app limit I had that happen once when I was trying to mod my search engines. I see from your post you still have your add/delete pages patch installed, doublecheck to make sure all patches that are for your launcher are uninstalled. When you say random that means you get the normal functionality back eventually right? How long after the reboot do you get your normal launcher back?
  5.    #5  
    I can't seem to find a pattern as to when it starts. It can occur right after a reboot. Just a plain Luna or a full battery pull.
    I've been having exactly the same problem, along with some other hang ups. Yesterday, my phone seemed to freeze. When it came back up after a battery removal, it was without the final launcher page. This is the page that I had all my settings and switches on-- device settings, reset button, Brightness Unlinked, the clock, Bluetooth Switch, etc. Not only was the page gone, but so were all the icons, including the ones that you can't uninstall. When the universal search would occasionally work, I could get to all of those apps that way. Today I backed up my photos, etc., and decided to try to do a partial reset, but I couldn't get to Universal Search and therefore couldn't get to reset. I used WebOS Doctor and now the last two launcher pages are missing, and Universal Search is still not working. Now I have no way to access the camera, photos, YouTube, or any of the installed apps related to photos. Since Universal Search is not working, I can't even get back into dev mode. Suggestions???
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I have had a strange issue pop up with universal search over the last few weeks. Normally when you start typing the Pre will pop of the search screen and locate any apps that match or it will allow the normal, Google, Google Maps, Wikipedia and Twitter search.

For some reason the search function stops working and when you type on the keyboard the launcher pops up with whatever was the last page viewed.

This seems to be random and can occur after after a Luna reboot or Full reset.

My Pre is patched and have went through removing several on the Launcher related patches but nothing has solved the problem.

I attached two sample pictures. The first is when the Pre search is working correctly and the second the results you get when you type "Hello"

Anyone else seen this?
    I have also had this intermittent problem that went away with a reboot. I also had the second problem of missing icons on the last page that took several tries of restarting and rebooting to go away. I did not bother to uninstall my launcher patches.
    I am also seeing this issue. It started with the 1.4.1.1 update, where after the update the multi-mod patch would not update or uninstall. I used the EPR (Emergency Patch Repair) tool to remove all hacks and I then also uninstalled the 800MHz patch. After this my phone started going bonkers. I pulled the battery and restarted and the phone seemed to be more stable but the universal serach feature now pulls up nothing for me (as in no contacts, no apps, nada!). Fortunatly I am having a hardware issue with my phone, a know issue with the headphone jack where it won't come out of headpone mode when you remove the headphones. Sprint has a new phone in the mail. Not sure if I will mod/patch this one. Might try to go virgin to see if it's usable at this point.