1.    #1  
    This has happened everytime I install Preware and patches--the Help app for the Palm Pre becomes buggy and the error I get it "Failed to load the requested page" I have to fully erase the phone and not have Preware on it for the Help app to work OR keep Preware and live with Help not being very helpful.

Has this happened to anyone else? I tried looking for this on the forum, but help isn't a searchable word. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would great.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lilnerdette View Post
    This has happened everytime I install Preware and patches--the Help app for the Palm Pre becomes buggy and the error I get it "Failed to load the requested page" I have to fully erase the phone and not have Preware on it for the Help app to work OR keep Preware and live with Help not being very helpful.

Has this happened to anyone else? I tried looking for this on the forum, but help isn't a searchable word. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would great.

Thanks!
    same thing has happened to me my help page wont load it will start to and sometimes even flash the page real quick untill it says error cannot load page i didnt even know what was causing it untill you mentioned the preware. have you found a solution for it yet its hard trying to google it since typing help does make it so you get a bunch of other things
    I never used the help until you posted this and see the error you are describing (CURSE YOU j/k)... Wait now it just loaded after I flashed it off the screen and clicked it again. I have Preware and patches loaded so I do not think that is the problem. Do you use the help so much that you really need to flash your phone over it? My suggestion would be to reboot your phone and click the Help button again but do not enlarge it, every time I do that it fails, let it load on its own.... I've done this 15 times in a row while writing this post and the results, for me, have been consistent.
    I tried rebooting and then trying to use help app and still get message page failed to open.. can anyone help? Im still new to pre and have done patches and added many apps and don't want to lose those changes and still need or would like to access help app on phone.. thanks
    I'm getting this as well. The videos will load, but not the articles. Similar phone setup as the rest. I had forgotten how to do speed dial, but eventually figured it out.
    +1 maybe we need a new version to install.
    I noticed this too. I just gave up or figured out what I was looking for on my own but this is an issue I would like solved. I have preware & patches on but I'm not sure this is the problem. I'd like to know if there is anyone without preware that has the same issue. Hopefully this can be fixed before I need the help section again, lol.
    I have Preware and uber with a few patches and Help is working for me. The Help app needs a network connection, so perhaps that's the real problem?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. But I can confirm my network connection is fine (Web browser loading pages, etc.) so it's gotta be something else. Is there another forum just for PreWare problems somewhere?
    Have any of you got the iphone agent spoof patch installed? If so this conflictts with the help app.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilnerdette View Post

Thanks!
    Remove the Ad Blocker patch and restart your Pre. There is an old thread somewhere on this. It happened to me.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    . . . There is an old thread somewhere on this.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2447026

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Yes, it was the adblocker. Working now.