Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible for a developer to create a patch to allow internal battery charging?
    Or is that something only Palm can release in a update?
    What's "internal battery charging?"
    I think we are all confused. . .
  4.    #4  
    Charging the battery without having to plug it in, it charges it from the inside of the device.
    what charges the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    The phone itself? Like a hybrid car? Lol. I've never heard of this on a cell phone.

Demlor, can you post a link of a cell phone that has this? Or would the Pre/Pixi be the first?
    cold fusion?
  8.    #8  
    I don't know.
    The thought just popped in my head, didn't really give it time to think about it.
    I remember the same thing came out for the PSP, some hacker made it possible.
    Thought I'd ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Obviously opening and closing the slider would be tapped and this used to charge the battery. It will enable you to get an extra 1.87542 seconds of battery life out of a full charge! It's revolutionary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Obviously opening and closing the slider would be tapped and this used to charge the battery. It will enable you to get an extra 1.87542 seconds of battery life out of a full charge! It's revolutionary!
    I didn't even consider that. But it would be revolutionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Charging the battery without having to plug it in, it charges it from the inside of the device.
    What are you talking about m8. Cause right now your not making anysence. Where would the juice come from "inturnally" to charge the battery???

Maybe a little hamster running on a little wheel tucked in side the device... LOL

On a real note, I do remember reading something, maybe on Egadget or some site like that about the possibllity of being able to pull electricity from a wifi or some other kind of network.

But I would think the tech to pull that off is a little further off into the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I don't know.
    The thought just popped in my head, didn't really give it time to think about it.
    I remember the same thing came out for the PSP, some hacker made it possible.
    Thought I'd ask.
    What hack are you talkin about for PSP???

What inside of the a PSP would to generate the juice???

To generate electricity don't you need to oppossing magnetic fields???

You got a link to this hack for the PSP??? Cause I'm not buying that one either.
    you want a perpetual charging battery? im sorry such thing does not exist, nothing can charge itself without having an external power source.
  14.    #14  
    Sorry my bad.
    I mixed up the psp thing with another way to charge the psp.
    It is impossible to do this, I get it.
    wow.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanTheMan View Post
    you want a perpetual charging battery? im sorry such thing does not exist, nothing can charge itself without having an external power source.

But if the OP could invent it he would revolutionize the entire world!

Hope he patents it, lol
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Yea the OP sounds capable of that...

can anyone make a patch to turn my pre into a money tree? i need to pay for OP's college
    i think i get what hes talking about, some how make the vibrate sensor feed back by shaking the device (like the flashlights) i would guess. patch would not allow though
    Palm prē-ist.
    I take it OP isn't a physics student. Maybe if you rub it back and forth against the hair on your head really fast, or shuffle across some carpet in socks while holding it. Was this a serious post or just one out of sheer boredom (ie: drunk)? lol
  20.    #20  
    I wish I was drunk, I'd have an excuse, haha.
    But nope, don't drink.
    Just threw it out there, obviously wasn't thinking straight.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast