1.    #1  
    Hello all. I have had my pre since Nov and just brought my wife over from T Mobile with a Pixi in Jan. By no means am I as technically sound as many here, but took a leap to add Preware 3wks ago on my Pre and LOVE it!

I recently decided to add it to my wife's Pixi last wk, and in preparation for the 1.4 release decided to view the installed packages on both phones, and discovered the following;

Under Linux Apps
    Pre: (GNU Patch, Lsdiff, and WebOS Internals Devp Kit)
    Pixi: (NO WebOS Internals Devp Kit)

Under Service
    Pre: (LED Manager Service, Package Manager Service, Sys ToolsMgr Service)
    Pixi: (NO Sys ToolsMgr Service)

Is this normal and should I be concerned? I am thinking of just removing Preware from wife's Pixi to be safe from anything since I am NOT the tech guru...thoughts/suggestions, help.

PS: Not sure if using the same computer for both phones has anything to do with this, but trying to provide as much info as possible...thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Hello all. I have had my pre since Nov and just brought my wife over from T Mobile with a Pixi in Jan. By no means am I as technically sound as many here, but took a leap to add Preware 3wks ago on my Pre and LOVE it!

I recently decided to add it to my wife's Pixi last wk, and in preparation for the 1.4 release decided to view the installed packages on both phones, and discovered the following;

Under Linux Apps
    Pre: (GNU Patch, Lsdiff, and WebOS Internals Devp Kit)
    Pixi: (NO WebOS Internals Devp Kit)

Under Service
    Pre: (LED Manager Service, Package Manager Service, Sys ToolsMgr Service)
    Pixi: (NO Sys ToolsMgr Service)

Is this normal and should I be concerned? I am thinking of just removing Preware from wife's Pixi to be safe from anything since I am NOT the tech guru...thoughts/suggestions, help.

PS: Not sure if using the same computer for both phones has anything to do with this, but trying to provide as much info as possible...thanks in advance.
    I have a pre and a pixi, I have some things one both phones that the other doesn't have. You're fine, they're not going to have the same things unless they are patched exactly the same. Like GNU didn't appear until I installed a launcher 4x4 patch, etc. Get what I'm trying to explain?
  3.    #3  
    Mjkjr....that makes sense, thanks and I also payed you a thanks on the button.