1.    #1  
    I believe there is a short, or poor connection with my touchstone back cover. I've only had my Pre a few months, and the touchstone a couple months. But yesterday the screen starting turning on all by itself. On the touchstone or off, the screen would come on. The behavior got so bad that after pressing the standby button the screen would only stay off for a fraction of a second before coming on again. After fiddling with the phones shell it became clear that a poor connection from the phone to the back cover is the culprit. I cleaned the contacts and put it back on. It lasted fine until about 24 hours later, and is now exhibiting the same behavior.

Any tips?

Edit: Also, it seems that a small amount of "crud" formed on one of the contacts on the back cover. This is usually the result of a poorly connected circuit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    Also, it seems that a small amount of "crud" formed on one of the contacts on the back cover. This is usually the result of a poorly connected circuit as well.
    Exactly what I was about to say. Normally I see customer's bring in their phones with this issue and they have both dirty contacts on the back and on the phone itself. But if you've cleaned it already and it is STILL flicking on and off, bring it into a repair center. We have a dedicated gold cleaner that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    Exactly what I was about to say. Normally I see customer's bring in their phones with this issue and they have both dirty contacts on the back and on the phone itself. But if you've cleaned it already and it is STILL flicking on and off, bring it into a repair center. We have a dedicated gold cleaner that helps.
    by any chance can the dirty contacts also be the cause of the touchstone actually draining the battery as has been reported before.there is a fix to adjust the contacts by adjusting them.Is the physical contact the problem or the "crud" build up ?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    by any chance can the dirty contacts also be the cause of the touchstone actually draining the battery as has been reported before.there is a fix to adjust the contacts by adjusting them.Is the physical contact the problem or the "crud" build up ?
    The crud is typically the result of the connection being poor itself. But in the case of the Pre I wouldn't say the unit is bad. Phones on and off of desks, in and out of hands, sliding the slider and typing? Everyday usage of the phone probably contributes to the buildup. It's best to keep these contacts cleaned, and if you aren't comfortable doing so I'm sure a monthly trip to the Sprint Store wouldn't be too horrible.
    make sure your pre is seeded correctly on the ts. i've found that (on mine anyway) that if its not sitting just right the pre keeps turning on and off.

ET
  6.    #6  
    I've noticed that the screen coming back on is accompanied by a quiet, short click coming from the back of the device. Sounds like the speaker.

This is getting very frustrating.