1.    #1  
    I installed the patches that add GPS, DATA, Roam only, and Brightness controls to my right drop down menu. But, as I have experienced in the past, I have found my battery life to be remarkably shorter with these patches in place (not sure why. I also have found the hide NASCAR and hide NFL patches to drain battery power faster).

So, I decided to remove them to (re)test my theory. But, I found that removing the patches in Preware doesn't remove them in the menu, even upon reboot. Plus, when I try to remove the GPS patch, I get the following message, "Error Removing: See IPKG Log" with the option to hit OK or see the IPKG log. I'm not sure what seeing the log would do for me, since I can't fix the problem.

Anyway, anyone else have these issues? Any idea what the solution is? If I need to WebOS Doctor it back to factory spec, I'd rather live with having those functions available in my data menu. It's just easier than removing them.

I had the exact same problem, by the way, when I tried to add the LED Flashlight option, which would be very helpful to have.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Have you tried Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware? Located under Linux Applications.

BTW... I use each of the patches you mentioned and have not noticed any additional battery drain. I'm guessing your phone is experiencing memory leak from an app or a daemon you use which in turn drains the battery quicker.