1.    #1  
    Ok folks i have a question im dying to get answered. It is regarding Sprint premier program. For those who don't know sprint has a Premier program for highly valued customers, where they get some perks, including getting the 2yr upgrade price every year, and much better customer service. No foreign customer service for premier members.

I am asking the precentral community because everyone with a pre or pixi is a sprint premier customer. Qualifications for Premier account are; $69.99 or higher individual plan; and $99.99 or higher family plan. so basically any "everything plan" is included, and you need an everything plan to have a pre or pixi.

now to my question; First i would like to know how peoples experience with sprint premier is as opposed to a non-premier account, if you had one before getting the pre/pixi. And my main question would be to those former $30 sero plan holders, who upgraded to the new 59.99 employee refferal plan. did you get premier status by upgrading since you are essentially having a everything plan; however it is discounted $10.00? I currently have a sero plan for $30 a month, get all the same thing 69.99 everything plan subscribers get minus the navigation and anymobile anytime. I really want to get a webos phone however i would have to pay $59.99. (double what i pay now) even though navigation and anymobile anytime are good perks for the switch, i would jump on it in a second if it gave me premier status, so i can upgrade once a year for the full discount.
    in a word.....NO

I have both plans you mentioned and 2x 30.00 and the new sero at 59.99 and I do NOT qualify.
    I can't answer your question about differences in customer service for premier customers but I can tell you that I made the switch from SERO to the Pre and never regretted it.

Suggestion: if possible get the employer discount. That cut my bill down significantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    I can't answer your question about differences in customer service for premier customers but I can tell you that I made the switch from SERO to the Pre and never regretted it.

Suggestion: if possible get the employer discount. That cut my bill down significantly.
    Good call. The system will flag your account as Premier if your MRC is 69.99 or higher.. then, say for example you have a 27% employer discount on your account, that will drop your bill to $51 before taxes. Cheaper and you get the Premier status.
    Well now this is interesting... I have a Pre, wife has a Centro, and according to the stats on this thread we should have a "premiere" account. Yet my wife's Centro is over a year old and Sprint is telling us she isn't eligible for the upgrade until she hits 2 years with the Centro.

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but it seems the place to ask: does everyone's experience confirm that she should be eligible for the upgrade at 14 months with the Centro? If so, any tips to get Sprint to make us "premiere" account holders? Our family plan is over $100/mo.

Thanks...
    1. To the OP, I suspect that soon, if it hasn't happened already, any new phone will require you drop your SERO plan. It's been discontinued for quite some time, and I suspect we won't Sprint allowing others to hang on much longer.
    2. I've heard that the Premier program only applies to the primary phone, but at the same time, my wife and I both get updates every year. Don't ask me why. A major loophole if the "primary phone" thing is true - you can swtich which phone is "primary" whenever you choose.
    Here's the thing about Sprint. They WANT to make you happy these days, so almost anything you ask of them these days, especially if you are a long time customer, pay your bills on time, and ask resepectfully. If at the end of a session, if you are not satisfied, and they ask if they have addressed all your issues, you can say NO. They will transfer you to a higher level, or put you on hold and talk to a supervisor.

Also you can call and ask directly for "Retention" and plead your case to them.

so, Stearmandriver , just call and ask about your Premier status and updates, Most likely they will let you do a one year upgrade.

OP. I have been a Premier for some time, and have found the North American based ENGLISH speaking Customer service, really outstanding. I have never had a problem, or made a request, and some have been rather out there, that they have at least not worked with me on, and given me most of what I asked for.

Currently I have 2 Airraves, pay ZER0, have 3 smartphones, pay ZERO for the third on the plan, got a $250 discount on a brand new HERO for my son, who was not eligible for an upgrade. Oh and on my account for my Aircard? My monthy service charge is 46.38, because I asked for a special plan. I got the extra bucks back on my Pre after they started the lower priced promtion. There have been others as well,

I have been with Sprint for as long as they are IN the Cell biz, and always pay my bill on time, when I call , even when frustrated, I am polite, and calm and professional. I have really found them to be THEEE most accomodating of any type of customer service I deal with on a regular basis.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by Stearmandriver View Post
    Well now this is interesting... I have a Pre, wife has a Centro, and according to the stats on this thread we should have a "premiere" account. Yet my wife's Centro is over a year old and Sprint is telling us she isn't eligible for the upgrade until she hits 2 years with the Centro.

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but it seems the place to ask: does everyone's experience confirm that she should be eligible for the upgrade at 14 months with the Centro? If so, any tips to get Sprint to make us "premiere" account holders? Our family plan is over $100/mo.

Thanks...
    only the account holder gets the upgrade every month
    ^^^12 months, I think. I believe that the upgrade doesn't necessarily have to be on the account holder's line, but there is only one upgrade per year per plan. However, as DianeHelen mentioned, if you call and ask, Sprint really will usually go out of their way to accommodate you.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    As per the TOC of the Premier program, the primary line get an upgrade every 12 months. The other lines are the normal 2 years. I personally see the program as more of a gimmick but sprints service in general I have found to be pretty awesome...
    Quote Originally Posted by illmusic View Post
    only the account holder gets the upgrade every month
    I would have SO MANY PHONES. I would never get bored. XD
    I dont believe the upgrade program works for the second line. My wife received 4 phones from asurion that only lasted a week. When I called Sprint to complain they offered to reset her contract date because it was a month short of the 2 years. This happened 10 years ago, and they credited my account for the full cost of the new phone I bought her. This time all they could offer was $50 credit, and that took 30 minutes while she got approval from a supervisor. Customer service has definitely gone down hill with Sprint. They are lucky I get a 25% corporate discount or I would have dropped them already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    ^^^12 months, I think. I believe that the upgrade doesn't necessarily have to be on the account holder's line, but there is only one upgrade per year per plan. However, as DianeHelen mentioned, if you call and ask, Sprint really will usually go out of their way to accommodate you.
    lol yea don't know how I wrote month, probably because I was replying from my pre while in class.
    Quote Originally Posted by illmusic View Post
    lol yea don't know how I wrote month, probably because I was replying from my pre while in class.
    Shame on you young person! How dare you waste an opportunity to learn! Lol.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    LOL thanks guys. I'll call customer service when I have some time this week and see what they say. I'll let ya know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    Good call. The system will flag your account as Premier if your MRC is 69.99 or higher.. then, say for example you have a 27% employer discount on your account, that will drop your bill to $51 before taxes. Cheaper and you get the Premier status.
    foosball & Kytton, thanks for answering my question before even asking it, I ran across the employer discount thing today while looking for "sprint discounts" and then I clicked on this thread and read about premier and was wondering since you need a certain plan or higher to get it but was unsure how it would work with the employer discount, but you 2 had already answered. THANKS!