1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had really bad luck with Palm support? I called them for support with some App Catalog downloads, and the tech support guy -- who paused before introducing himself as "John" (next name down on the list of names for outsourced help deskers to use?) -- killed my Pre. Really. It is stuck with the Palm logo on a black screen. The Palm logo is supposed to pulse with a glowy thing and of course, my Pre does NOTHING. And the power button no longer works. To turn off the phone, I have to remove the battery. And all the Palm people (escalated three times) could do was go, oh, sorry, call Sprint, give them the case number and have them overnight you a new phone. It doesn't work that way! Sprint told me I'd have to send them my phone and then they would ship me a new one, but it wouldn't be overnight. So now, I'm phoneless. What a royal pain.

Am I the only one who has had these issues with Palm support? And they of course never got around to helping me with the app icons that were missing. Good thing I didn't tell them about how the phone blacks out after phone calls and how the only way to wake it up is to shake the phone.
    Put your battery in, and reboot. ( orange button + Symbol + R ) and it should get it out of that mode.
    try running webos doctor when is off..pressing the up volume for a few seconds and connet to the pc until you see a big usb sign and just run the doctor!
    Search the Forums there is a thread that will walk you through step by step how to fix the phone. What you described happened to me 3 weeks ago. It ended up being a blessing my 3-d games work better now.

Really odd steps like plug into your pre then the wall then power on then plug into the PC and hold down this or that.......
  5.    #5  
    Tried the orange key-symbol-R. Got a little circular thing rotating on the screen, and then the Palm logo returned, blinking. And now it's asking me for English or Espanol. Confirming English. Setting Language. Phone activated. Terms and conditions - accept! Here's hoping signing into my profile will help. Fingers crossed... thanks, Kytton!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    Search the Forums there is a thread that will walk you through step by step how to fix the phone. What you described happened to me 3 weeks ago. It ended up being a blessing my 3-d games work better now.

Really odd steps like plug into your pre then the wall then power on then plug into the PC and hold down this or that.......
    Boggs, would you have any idea what parameters I should use? Dead phone, dead pre, black phone, none of those worked.
    Off hand How to un brick your pre....I think. Let me poke around.
  8.    #8  
    OK, restarting the phone. Here's hoping all the apps I've paid for and downloaded are there. Guess I have another day of customizing to deal with again!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html

If needed, good luck. I am getting good a starting over. I can wipe a phone and have everything back on in under just an hour or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Tried the orange key-symbol-R. Got a little circular thing rotating on the screen, and then the Palm logo returned, blinking. And now it's asking me for English or Espanol. Confirming English. Setting Language. Phone activated. Terms and conditions - accept! Here's hoping signing into my profile will help. Fingers crossed... thanks, Kytton!!!
    You're welcome. The phone tends to do that after a battery pull.. I see it 10+ times a day. (I'm a Sprint Technican.)

Good luck with your Pre!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html

If needed, good luck. I am getting good a starting over. I can wipe a phone and have everything back on in under just an hour or so.
    Thanks for that thread link, Boggs! I'm going to read it to acquaint myself just in case something else happens. I appreciate the help everyone here has given me with this!