Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Hey all!

Yesterday I finally got the chance to upgrade to the Palm Pre Plus (from my Blackberry) and I am beyond thrilled. Being very, very new to this company, phone, and OS, I did some researching and decided that I wanted to get into the patch fun.

I installed WOQI and added four patches to my phone (quite easily, I might add, whew!). I added the LED notifications, battery %, calendar month mode, and 4v4 icon view.

Now, from the buzz on the forums, I've heard that a new OS update is coming to us tomorrow or sometime soon. I've also read snippits that you must uninstall patches before updating the phone OS and then reinstall them. Is this true? I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing and being so new to a new OS can be quite daunting.

Thanks so anyone in the Palm community that can clarify this for me. So far, you guys rock!
    ~eve
    no the new AUPT update to paches means you only have to remove themes prior to updating
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveshepherd View Post
    Hey all!

Yesterday I finally got the chance to upgrade to the Palm Pre Plus (from my Blackberry) and I am beyond thrilled. Being very, very new to this company, phone, and OS, I did some researching and decided that I wanted to get into the patch fun.

I installed WOQI and added four patches to my phone (quite easily, I might add, whew!). I added the LED notifications, battery %, calendar month mode, and 4v4 icon view.

Now, from the buzz on the forums, I've heard that a new OS update is coming to us tomorrow or sometime soon. I've also read snippits that you must uninstall patches before updating the phone OS and then reinstall them. Is this true? I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing and being so new to a new OS can be quite daunting.

Thanks so anyone in the Palm community that can clarify this for me. So far, you guys rock!
    ~eve
    That information is a bit outdated. please refer to this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...echnology.html

recent developments in the patching community have developed a new system to prevent issues with updating with patches installed. Just make sure you remove any themes you have installed as they don't have this technology yet.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thank you for the information!

I have only added the 4 patches, no themes or anything else. I appreciate the answers and link, I'll check it out!
    ~eve
    just for future reference since youre new theres no need to post thanks theres a thanks button for that
    I'm somewhat new also but decided NOT to install any patches till the update came out. Maybe this time tomorrow I'll be adding a few patches.

ET