1.    #1  
    i was recently on the facebook mobile site when the touchscreen went haywire. to move around i had to do the zoom gesture but to move around with one finger it would zoom in and out randomly! i tried going out of the browser so i did the up gesture on the gesture area, but nothing happened, only the lights flashed and stayed on. i then pressed the center button which got me to the launcher, but i couldnt use the bottom part of the screen! the rest of the screen worked fine but my taps registered far away from where i was tapping when i tapped the bottom part of the screen. i had to do a battery pull because the reset options required the touchscreen so it wouldnt work, obviously. i just wondered if anyone else has encountered something similar?
    nope have you tried a restart/battery pull
    Yep, sometimes computers need a hard reboot, no biggie.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    just do a restart/roboot and I bet you'll be good to go.
  5.    #5  
    oh i havent got the problem anymore, it just happened a few days ago and i wondered if anyone else had experienced it. it couldnt be the hardware because it was working perfectly well on the top half of the screen, and the movement issues were in the browser only (for example swiping worked fine) so maybe it was a software problem? anyways it hasnt happened since
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    thought I'd chime in. I had the same wierdness but it affected the bottom left corner. Started acting weird sitting on the touchstone. Worked fine after a battery pull. Did it again today for a bit after updating some apps, but resolved itself. I'm curious if it's a side effect from a patch. Oh well, as long as it doesn't start happening often...
    just putting it out there for the people who don't know. You can also restart your phone by pressing (orange + Sym + R).
    saves the struggle of having to take off the case and the battery.
    always safer to shut down or restart than to cut off all the power.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ok, update. The problem has developed. After the screen has been on for and every 5-15 min the screen starts to spaz out; reading a bunch of taps and swipes in the bottom left corner (bottom half of the screen, and in a line up from between the 2nd and 3rd quick launch icones. The space to the left of that is unresponsive) interesting to watch all the random taps when in the browser and such, but realllly annoying when watching a vid or playing a game. Pressing the button to turn off the screen, and then turning it back on immediately fixes the issue, but doesn't keep it from coming back. I'm gonna doctor my phone when I have time, and going patch free if it stops, then adding patches one by one. Of course if doctoring doesn't help the I may have to see about getting a new handset. If anyone has any ideas...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfumato View Post
    ok, update. The problem has developed. After the screen has been on for and every 5-15 min the screen starts to spaz out; reading a bunch of taps and swipes in the bottom left corner (bottom half of the screen, and in a line up from between the 2nd and 3rd quick launch icones. The space to the left of that is unresponsive) interesting to watch all the random taps when in the browser and such, but realllly annoying when watching a vid or playing a game. Pressing the button to turn off the screen, and then turning it back on immediately fixes the issue, but doesn't keep it from coming back. I'm gonna doctor my phone when I have time, and going patch free if it stops, then adding patches one by one. Of course if doctoring doesn't help the I may have to see about getting a new handset. If anyone has any ideas...
    I've been having the same issues. I doctored my phone (1.4 version) and kept happening. I took it to the sprint store and they made a hard reset a couple of weeks ago. The problem came back and took my phone again to the sprint store. They're making another reset. Honestly I don't this this is gonna solve this issue. I think this is hardware issue related with the touchscreen sensors. I don't have preware or any type of patches in my phone. I've never installed anything like that.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Update: exchanged phone. After several resets at several levels, a theory about it being the invisibleshield's fault, and hours of waiting around at the store the technician couldn't find a problem. As soon as it was handed back to me it started to act up again, fortunately I got one of the reps (also a Pre owner) to see it in action, and he talked to the repair tech and got the exchange OK'ed.
    this is a definite hardware issue and the screen needs to be replaced.search for phantom and ghost touches on the forum and you will find a few cases of "ripples " and gestures activating on their own.