Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    for those that sent me pm and the google voice invite, I thank you. to "toxic" thanks for the support. you hit the nail right on the head.
    They dont want cluttered threads, yet they all chime in and make two pages of posts. And for the record, searching in this forums sucks donkey balls. I have a better chance using googles results for precentral to find anything. I did a search for SimplifyMedia a while back, and got really bad results. But, I didnt dare start a thread asking if anyone knew about SM coming to WebOS for the very reason you just experienced.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    you've been thanked "iowa kid", because you deserve it.
    jaridkgoodwin@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    jaridkgoodwin@hotmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    They dont want cluttered threads, yet they all chime in and make two pages of posts. And for the record, searching in this forums sucks donkey balls. I have a better chance using googles results for precentral to find anything. I did a search for SimplifyMedia a while back, and got really bad results. But, I didnt dare start a thread asking if anyone knew about SM coming to WebOS for the very reason you just experienced.
    you probably didnt get any hits on SM because it's not a hot topic.

searching for GoogleVoice yields far more results. search for Google Voice Invite and the third thread listed, behind this one, is the gigantic one with all kinds of requests for invites. i fail to see how this is something too vague to accurately search for.

regardless, that's not the issue. people are giving the OP a hard time because he's new, hasn't contributed anything to the board, and showed up asking for a freebee.

shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    I want one but my pre won't let me add an email and text to my post
    Everyone was a newbie at first.
    Would you want to be bashed for
    being new and making a mistake
    of not searching? What if he
    is just learning about the phone...
    how could he contribute first at
    that point?

I mod another site. Yes, not
    searching and starting a thread
    takes up space. However, so
    do the bash post in that thread.
    In the end, those that posted to
    bash him did the same thing they
    were complaining about. Wasting
    space on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    Everyone was a newbie at first.
    Would you want to be bashed for
    being new and making a mistake
    of not searching? What if he
    is just learning about the phone...
    how could he contribute first at
    that point?

I mod another site. Yes, not
    searching and starting a thread
    takes up space. However, so
    do the bash post in that thread.
    In the end, those that posted to
    bash him did the same thing they
    were complaining about. Wasting
    space on the forums.
    again, its not cause he didnt search.
    I want one but my pre won't let me add an email and text to my post
    what are you going to do with a google voice account with hotmail?
    again, its not cause he didnt search.
    I didn't say it was necessarily.

I'm sorry, that was too funny.

On another note, I have a couple Wave Invites, but only if you searched for first!!!!!! LOL, seriously though.
    my google account is hooked up to my hotmail email
  14. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    This thread got out of hand on the first page. I think one or two "Search before you post" should had suffice. We're all here for one another, thus strength in numbers in support of one of our most favorite device. It saddens me to see dhunt21 treated in such a manner as I too was a noob. Difference, I was never talked down in such a manner and most made me feel welcome when I posted my one or two "Noob (sans search) questions."

::: NOTE ::::
    "Noob (sans search) Questions" ....Hmm... I like the sound of that, I will patent my quote in the morning :-)

How do we expect to strengthen and grow our community with such treatment? Although the importance of search goes without asking, I felt for this poor kid as I read this thread! C'mon man! We're better than this!

Welcome onboard dhunt21, I'm sure most meant no harm, just remember the power of searching and prepare to be amazed by this most amazing community!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by a2k; 02/14/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    my google account is hooked up to my hotmail email
    congratulations!

try signing up for Google Voice with that Hotmail account though.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    you have to be ****ing kiding me this is whats wrong with this forum.You peeps think your so elite because you have a pre and google voice ! really? dood send me a pm with your email and ill send you an invite when i get a chance god its no wonder why nobody wants to ask questions in this forum.Holding google voice invites for ransome ****in crazy there not even worth ****
    True it's not just this forum. It's life. Books, TV are all about ME these days. People don't even hold the door for you, they let it slam on ya. I even gave my change to the drive through attendant for the car behind me the other day on the way to work. Enough for a cup of coffee. The driver beeped at me so I stopped, expecting a thank you. I got a lecture on my arrogance to mess up another's money count, and the guilt I had bestowed for my act of generosity. Wow.
    Regardless of punishment for good deeds, entitlement is everywhere. It's worse on the internet. I wish I could click *thanks* for all of you with good attitudes and patience

BTW I don't know why I need GVoice and I don't have the foggiest what Wave is.
    Last edited by copasetic; 02/14/2010 at 11:52 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12