1.    #1  
    I'm getting used to my Pre+ but am having some issues.

I am having issues closing a screen. For example, I'll open contacts, then a particular contact. Then I try to scroll back (to the main contacts window) and usually the Pre fights with me on this. Are there tricks to doing a good "back" ?

Some web pages appear with teeny tiny text - how do I enlarge those pages?

Some sites such as precentral.net won't let me log in from my Pre. When I click on the user name/password fields they turn gray and then won't let me enter any info in them.

Occassionaly I can't get programs to open. I will try to click on the Phone app (with nothing else open) and the screen shows that I did press on that icon, but nothing happens. I wait 30 seconds then try again, and again, until finally it does open. That's why I thought maybe my screen was off-calibration or?

I'm running a Vzw Pre+ with 5x4 and a few other patches.

Thanks for any help or advice!
    A good back is a right-to-left swipe, on the left side of the gesture area ONLY. It should start left of the middle of the gesture area, and swipe right-to-left to the leftmost edge of the gesture area. Never encountered any of the other issues you describe.
    You can enlarge by pinching outward on the screen itself.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I am having issues closing a screen. For example, I'll open contacts, then a particular contact. Then I try to scroll back (to the main contacts window) and usually the Pre fights with me on this. Are there tricks to doing a good "back" ?
    Turn on Advanced Gestures (Screen & Lock) and sweep left from the center of the gesture area. A successful sweep will have your meta indicator light up followed by a hidden light lighting to the left of the meta area.

Some web pages appear with teeny tiny text - how do I enlarge those pages?
    Double tap the text area you want to read. The pre will auto zoom that text area to the screen size. Landscape has slightly better results for extra wide text areas.

Some sites such as precentral.net won't let me log in from my Pre. When I click on the user name/password fields they turn gray and then won't let me enter any info in them.
    This is a new since I log in all the time from my Pre. Try double tapping the login text entry area for user name.

Occassionaly I can't get programs to open. I will try to click on the Phone app (with nothing else open) and the screen shows that I did press on that icon, but nothing happens. I wait 30 seconds then try again, and again, until finally it does open. That's why I thought maybe my screen was off-calibration or?
    You are most likely trying to give a good firm press, which is a poor way to use a good capacitive touchscreen. Use light quick taps. What I suspect is happening, you are pressing the button, the Pre highlights what it thinks you want it to do, then when you remove your finger it detects a slight movement in one direction or other and cancels the selection/opening. This seems to happen to everyone I let mess with my phone because they do not expect it to register soft taps because of previous touchscreen experiences with resistive touchscreens.
  5.    #5  
    Honis, thank you very much for your long explanation and the others above were right about the zoom, I was pinching improperly.

I am hoping I am "back"ing improperly as well and clicking too hard. Geez I love this Pre and don't want my experience to be poor.
    Here are a list of Gestures you can use on your Pre for anything from moving back, to pinching to enlarge or shrink web pages.
  7.    #7  
    OK one last question - when you are on a phone call and the other party hangs up how do you reactivate your screen to hang up? I currently have to press the power key, then end call. I figure there has to be some way to wake up the screen easier?

Is there any option or patch to keep the screen illuminated during all phone calls?
    Just move your face away from the screen and the proximity sensor will bring your screen back up - you shouldn't have to press anything.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    the screen should turn off when you place it near your ear during a phone call. This is caused by a proximity sensor. When the call is ended just pull it away from your ear and hold it normally. The screen should come back skipping the screen unlock process.
  10.    #10  
    I am usually using bluetooth so the proximity sensor wouldn't help me in that regard.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by georgekessel View Post
    I am usually using bluetooth so the proximity sensor wouldn't help me in that regard.
    May want to try Nodoze then. It keeps the screen from locking but is a homebrew app, not a patch to fix your specific request. I use it when the Pre is on a charger and I'm listening to Pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgekessel View Post
    Then you are experiencing the 'normal' function of the phone. Another way to wake up the phone would be to slide open the keyboard, or if the slider is already open, just press the space-bar.

(or NoDoze as mentioned above - never tried it myself).
    Quote Originally Posted by derekharten View Post
    A good back is a right-to-left swipe, on the left side of the gesture area ONLY. It should start left of the middle of the gesture area, and swipe right-to-left to the leftmost edge of the gesture area. Never encountered any of the other issues you describe.
    This is actually incorrect. A back gesture is a right-to-left swipe and a forward gesture is a left-to-right swipe, but this can be done on either the left- or right-hand sides of the gesture area. In fact, I use the right half of the gesture area almost exclusively, being right-handed. The only time I use the left side is when I'm using my Pre one-handed and it's in my left hand. The important thing to pay attention to is that you're placing your finger correctly in the gesture area. If it's in the right spot, the center light will light up. Then drag to the left to go back or drag to the right to go forward. If the light doesn't light up, you probably have your finger too low in the gesture area.