Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I'm now heading for what must be my 6th new or reconditioned phone in the last 5 weeks. The first one lasted 4 months without ever having a speaker problem. The last 3 have been speaker only failures while the others had combinations that included the speaker.

The last 3 have been new out of the box phones. I'm using the "older phone" ring as my ringer at full volume. (which isn't very loud.) Is anyone else using older phone?

First you notice putting it on speaker is garbled, then the volume sinks to not much and finally nothing.

Sprint is not allowed to fix this in the stores and you have to get a new phone. Very frustrating. I need a time clock for all of the time ate at Sprints stores already. My salesperson has been in contact with me finally on this and she is checking her records to see if anything is up.

Any of you seeing this? I use a Jawbone Prime almost all of the time unless I'm at the computer when I flip it on speaker if someone calls. That's been my first hint.

Thanks... G..
    This has been noted by an awful lot of members recently - I think it must be a bad batch of Sprint Pre's. I'm not sure there's much you can do about it except keep exchanging for new phones until one works.

I would understand if you jumped ship completely over this. If this is your 6th phone then I believe you need some compensation.
    Hmm. That's no bueno. By any chance, when you pull your back off, are there metal filings/shards on or around the speaker screen?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I'm having issues with my speaker. About to go on Pre number 6...
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    This has been noted by an awful lot of members recently - I think it must be a bad batch of Sprint Pre's. I'm not sure there's much you can do about it except keep exchanging for new phones until one works.

I would understand if you jumped ship completely over this. If this is your 6th phone then I believe you need some compensation.
    I will be seeking some form of compensation.lol Not jumping ship though I think Palm has screwed me I dont think I can be happy w/ a different OS now! lol

Going for # 4 tomorrow, first one was a launch day Pre so im not sure how the theory of a bad batch fit but regardless its still a pain in the *** to re patch my Pre and re shield it every 2 mos.

just started a thread about this!

I guess you missed it when you searched huh! lol

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...time-vent.html
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Any chance that someone knows where to find just the speaker? I want a bag of them!
    Going for #4 also tomorrow for the same speaker issue. One day it sounds great, the next day it sounds blown, the next day nearly nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobemeabc View Post
    Any chance that someone knows where to find just the speaker? I want a bag of them!
    Some have had luck with the iphone speaker. Other then that I haven't seen anyone that has found them. For me, my phone is under warranty and I don't think I should have to spend any $$ fixing my phone that is still covered.
    i'm on my 6th pre.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I was the one that was about the put the iphone speaker in the pre... but then with some crazy luck, i found a local guy that sells speakers that look (and sound) just like the OEM palm pre speaker.. so i just used that instead and it been workin great. I could sell or install the speakers for some of you.. i have two speakers left, not sure if i can get more.
    PM me if interested.
    sounds like ill be going for #5 soon.lol

This one is starting to crackle too.......Oh well, At least its still under warranty
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey, I would love to give that a try.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Exact same problem!
    Just talked to a sprint rep to get a refurb Pre.

This'll be my 4th? or 3rd... lost count =/
    Oh wait, it's 4th. zz